Chapter 51 - 60

Chapter 51 Power fighters

The sun was starting to set outside so it was just the right time for Vorden and Quinn to head back to the academy and when they did, they immediately when over to the VR room. Just like the capsule in the shop, it was a room filled with rows and rows containing capsules and off to the side was a small shop and counter where students were able to buy snacks and refreshments.

The room was currently packed with students, just as Vorden and Leo had said, the game was incredibly popular. Looking at the excitement in the student's eyes and faces, Quinn started to feel upset. It felt like there was a world he never got to experience growing up just because he was poor.

The two of them went up to the front counter that was stationed next to the small cafe.

"Hi, we would like to rent out two capsules please?" Vorden asked.

"A single capsule will cost you 10 credits per hour." The female replied.

Hearing that number made Quinn gulp. For some reason, he had expected the capsules to be free but of course, they would have to pay to rent them. With Quinn's ten credits he received a day at most he could play the game for was an hour a day.

He didn't need the money for anything else, after all, the school provided the accommodation and three meals a day for them.

"Alright, are you ready?" Vorden asked.

"Huh, what did you pay?"

"Yeah don't worry about it, come on let's go."

The woman behind the counter had handed Vorden two tags numbered 23 and 24. The two of them walked around the room until they had found two capsules next to each other, they both had large numbers displayed on the front of the capsule in big bold ink.

"Here we are," Vorden said, "With these capsules there only able to link to the military servers. You can fight with others from other schools but you won't be able to connect it to the normal servers, you will need to buy your own capsule for that. When you log into the game you can play as a guest for now and just search for the ID VBCopy and join my room when you can."

With that, the two of them slowly climbed into the VR capsule. When the machine sensed they were both comfortably inside, the capsule lid slowly started close in on the both of them. Then before they realised it, their minds were completely transported to another space.

Quinn was now in a large empty white room. There were no walls in sight and it looked like the room was endless. Suddenly a screen appeared in front of him.

"Welcome to Power fighter, would you like to?"

<Log in> <Register> <Play as guest>

As Vorden had suggested for now Quinn decided to play as a guest. Then he went on through the system and started to search for Vorden's gamer ID. Once he had selected to join the person's room, he patiently waited for Vorden to accept.

"Room invite accepted, transporting in 3...2...1..."

Then in an instant, Quinn had been transported to another empty white space room, only this time Vorden was there as well but Vorden didn't look like himself. He looked like a completely different person. Both his hands had been wrapped in bandages and on his face, he wore a scarf.

He looked like an ancient ninja.

"err Vorden is that you?"

"Oh sorry," Vorden said and the next second he looked like the ordinary Vorden at school.

"What was that?" Quinn asked.

"That, the game allows you to customize your character so you can make it look like whatever you want. The clothes I was wearing was skin, although they cost credits so I wouldn't worry about that."