Chapter 651 - 660

Chapter 651 A strong Duncan

The loud sound of the beast had even stunned Duncan, who had finally gotten off his backside.

"That damn beast, wait until I get my hands on it!" He said, turning his head around, he could see the beast at the tunnel he had just entered from looking at him. It paused for a few seconds, and he wasn't sure if he was imagining things, but he could have sworn it smiled before running off.

"ROARGHHGHH!" Another loud, growling sound was heard that shook the room once again. Turning around to have a look at just what was making that noise, he could finally see the large black beast. Its head held up in the air and all of its eyes on the side of its head opening up, filled with rage.

When he entered the room, he was so busy looking at the little man that he didn't even look at what was past it.

'That beast looks strong, it has to be at the Emperor tier, right? Well, it's a good thing I brought my beast gear with me.'

The smart thing to do would be to leave now and probably wait by the entrance of the cave for the small man to leave, but he imagined himself either dozing off or somehow the little man getting past him.

Then the image of everyone in the village laughing at him came into his mind again. While he had the small man in front of him, he wasn't going to let him go, and it looked as if his friend was ready to face the beast off instead, not that he had high hopes for him.

'Maybe I can snatch him and run away.' Duncan thought.

He would have to act soon, for the large beast was now making its way towards the bridge.

[Inspect]

[Emperor Tier – Chrimeta Beast]

[Condition – Very good]

[Angry]

Quinn didn't need the system to tell him the last part. The loud, ear-piercing roars were enough for that. What surprised him most though, was when looking at the Emperor Tier beast, there was no instant level quest that had been brought up.

'System, I think you're thinking too much of me right now.'

Seeing the beast walking towards them, Quinn feared a fight on the bridge would be disadvantageous to them. But, it also looked like Duncan had already made his way on the bridge. The only thing Quinn could do now was trust Borden.

"Borden, I'll finish this beast in ten minutes, and we'll go save Vorden," Quinn said with his hand held out.

Jumping up, Borden gave it a big slap. "If we don't, then who will?"

Quinn equipped the Emperor tier mask and placed the points into agility and then headed forward as fast as he could towards the beast. His aim was to reach the platform the beast was on before it could reach the bridge.

Seeing a small little man coming towards it and with the beast enraged, it wasted no time lifting up its three snake tails above its head. Opening their jaws up wide as if they had no bones, they fired out fireball after fireball.

'The attacks are strong, so if I use my shadow to block them all, it'll just be a waste!' Quinn thought, and he did his best to avoid them.

He was fast, but the fireballs were large in size. He had dodged the first one just relying on his speed, but as the second one came towards him, he needed to use the flash step. Then the third one, another flash step after that.

If Quinn had to continually use flash steps to just reach the beast, then he would be too tired to fight the beast. Eventually, he tried his best to just rely on his natural speed, and one of the fireballs shot out at him. The side of it had skimmed his face, and he could feel the immense heat coming off from it.