Chapter 1001 - 1020

Chapter 1001 – The grand master

Hearing the name Brock didn't ring any bells to any of them. No matter how hard they tried they just had never heard the name before. Instead, they were trying to see if they could match his appearance to someone they knew, but again, other than his butler outfit he was wearing they didn't recognize anything else.

Yet, for some reason, Nate was the only one that felt like he knew this person.

'Why is my brain having a big massive fart at a time like this?! I hate when I can't remember things.'

What was worrying Layla, was the reaction Leo and Erin had towards this stranger. Leo was clearly on guard and Erin's eyes wouldn't stop glowing yellow. The only time she had seen Erin like this was when she was about to face a vampire.

"Wait, is he a... a.. vampire!" Layla asked. Now she was understanding why the other two were on guard and how he was able to defeat two Qi users so easily like so.

Leo nodded, giving confirmation. He could tell by his aura and more importantly both Erin and Leo could tell due to his smell. Sniffing the air a few times, Nate too could smell the difference now that Layla had said what had happened.

"It's a little upsetting that you don't remember me." Brock said, looking at Nate. "It's because of me that you're still alive."

Finally, something clicked in Nate's head, he knew why he recognized this person. It wasn't his looks or his outfit, it was his voice. When Nate was on the verge of death, he could hear someone instructing Sam on how to turn him into a vampire.

"So it was you that told Sam what to do?" Nate said, shocked.

The others now, were even more cautious, and gave the signal so Nate could use the shadow to allow them to equip their weapons. It was a skill that was later developed. Depending how far away people were from a shadow user, they could also use shadow equip on their allies.

After the shadow disappeared the weapons were now on display and they were ready for a scuffle.

"Wait guys! Nate you know him, is he friendly?" Layla asked.

"I'm not sure myself, but he did save mine and Dennis' life back when Hilston attacked us, but other than that I have no clue who he is."

"Oh, that's a shame, I thought I might have met one of the others from the Cursed faction here. Honestly, it was a complete coincidence that the two of us were after the same set of people." Brock tried to explain. "I assure you though, I, or we, are not an enemy, not unless you see us that way. My master is hoping to meet with Quinn, and I'm sure Quinn would like to meet him as well. So it's in our best interests that the two of us work together."

What was worrying for Leo at the moment was he couldn't gauge the person's strength in front of him. Some of the vampires were able to suppress their auras strength. From his experience the only vampires that could do this were either vampire knights or leaders, and during Leo's time as a vampire knight he got to know all of them well, but this was a person he did not recognise. What Leo didn't like doing, was getting into scuffles or messes that he didn't know much about.

"You said you wish to meet Quinn, and you're on our side. Then why did you knock out those two before I was able to extract information from them?" Leo asked.

Brock took a step forward, and before his foot had landed on the ground, his whole body disappeared, and soon he was seen walking out from where they had come in, behind them.

"It's up to you if you want to follow me or not, and I can explain on the way." Brock said, as he continued to walk.

"Can you tell us, who is your master, that you were talking about before?" Erin asked, as the group followed him.