Chapter 631 - 640

Chapter 631 Saving Everyone

With the three of them working together, they had a goal in mind. To complete their plan, they needed to move on to the next step, finding the two abilities they needed: the earth ability and the water ability. The wind ability was shared with Sil as well as the acid ability.

Unlike Vorden, who could only hold one, Sil could hold many, so it was no problem for him to have both.

As the area got smaller, it would soon engulf the Chained that were located at the edge. If one of them had the ability they needed, then their plan would fail. They couldn't just sit idly by, they had to move.

There was also the possibility that the earth and water ability weren't even available as part of the Chained, but Raten highly doubted that. From what he had seen so far, all the abilities and traces of abilities around them, were ones that they had trained with during their time at the Temple, and this included the Earth and Water ability.

He was sure of it, that they would be here somewhere. If they were meant to show thier full strength, they couldn't without those abilities. What was the point of spending all those years learning how to use them.

Eventually, they had come across a Chained. Rather than hesitating and waiting like Vorden had done, Raten ran out with confidence not hesitating for a second, and Sil had followed from behind. With these two by his side, Vorden felt safer then he had ever felt before.

Raten stopped in front of the body and then stomped his foot into the ground out of anger. "Damn it!" He said, before running off again into another direction.

Just like the Chained that Vorden had found before, this one was dead. The three of them continued to run around, they hadn't run into any students or even their bodies, which Vorden was finding a little curious. However, they did run into more Chained, and each time they were dead.

Now it was the fourth Chained body they had come across. They were in an open area of the jungle. Each Chained was in an opened area so they could easily be seen and spotted, as if they were also meant to be designated fighting zones.

Running off ahead, Raten was obsessed trying to find another Chained, and he had eventually found one ahead of the others.

"Someone has purposely been doing this from the beginning!" Raten said. "Instead of going around hurting the students, they went around hunting the Chained."

"That's right if no one else has an ability, but us, we are at quite the advantage, aren't we?" A voice said.

Turning around, a small male with glasses accompanied by a slightly larger kid to his right and a girl to his left were standing there.

"Splinter, I knew it would be you," Vorden said.

If the three of them had been going around, they would have also been able to have their pick of the stronger abilities. Splinter himself could hold two, while the others by his side could only hold one.

"It's pretty brave of you to show yourself in front of us. I don't seem to recall you beating me even once during a fighting match, right?" Raten shouted, throwing out a wind slash as he said this.

With a stomp of his foot, Splinter had brought up a wall made of earth blocking the strike. "One of the strongest abilities that they teach us. The elemental abilities, although fire and lighting, are only taught to those in the castle, soon one of us will be ascending to that place." Splinter said.

Seeing this ability, he thought Raten would be frightened, but instead, a slight smirk appeared.

"That's one down."