Chapter 771 - 780

Chapter 771 Ice walls

Heading down one of the tunnels together, the vibrations from the strange screams were getting louder and louder. They were starting to worry that the cave would collapse just from the loud screams alone, but the material that the cave was made from, although it looked fragile like glass, was far more robust than it appeared.

Some of the men tried to chip away at the tunnel walls using the normal tools they had brought with them to send back samples to the lab. However, they were unable to and only high level beast equipment could break such a thing. Since the discovery of new planets, nearly everything new they found, minerals and materials, were to be sent back for research purposes.

Proceeding with caution, the loud cries from the creature seemed to have stopped.

"Why do you think it was making so much noise?" One of them asked. "I've never heard a beast make a sound like that."

"I'm not sure," Oscar replied, "Maybe that's just what it normally sounds like." Although Oscar said this as a joke, his men behind him gulped as they thought about the sheer size of a beast that could make a sound like that.

Continuing through the tunnels, they found it a little strange that they only headed downwards. There were no signs of it being man made, but at the same time it was consistent in its route.

Then finally, it looked like they could see what could only be described as the end of the tunnel. It was a little strange as it had suddenly cut off and it looked like they had gotten to the bottom of the floor.

"Do you think we should go back up and try to head through one of the other tunnels?"

"It took us a while to get down this one, and we aren't sure how many others are dead ends either." Oscar replied.

He then pressed his face up against the ice cold surface of the wall at the very end, and gave it a knock a few times. Oscar continued to do this in different parts of the wall as if he was searching for something.

Ever since entering the tunnel, there was something strange that had been bothering Oscar. His soul weapon was an enhancement type, it was one that people either saw as weak or strong depending on the situation, but it allowed him to use whatever his feet were on, as a piece of earth. No matter what the material was actually made of, he could shape and form it at his will.

However, he didn't understand how it fully worked, and it seemed to relate with the planet he was on. As long as the material belonged to the planet, he would be able to use it in some way. Which was why he was confused ever since they had entered the tunnel.

If the ice tunnel they were in had naturally been formed by the planet, then using his abilities he should have been able to shift or chip away at the wall, but he was unable to.

'What does this mean?' Oscar thought.

Eventually, using a short sword he had equipped to his side, he pulled it out and proceeded to cut a rectangular shape, large enough for a man to fit through.

"The walls are thin here and I think we've reached what we were looking for, is everyone ready?" Oscar asked.

When they all nodded, Oscar immediately lifted his foot, kicked the ice wall, and the large slab of ice went sliding across the floor.

"Well it looks like I was right," He said smiling.

Drawing their weapons, they all carefully walked out of the ice tunnel, and it looked like they had entered a giant cavern. They could hardly see the ceiling, the room they were in was as big as a football stadium.