twelve

"[n/n]!" Tsukasa poked my face

"[n/n]!" Tsukasa poked my face. "[n/nnnnnnn]!"

I yawned and turned around. "What?"

It had been a day since that 'Tea Party' ordeal. I didn't know if Nene was alive or not. Did I feel guilty? Yeah. But also no. Whatever!

"I'm gonna send you back over to Amane." He declared. "After all, they're certainly gonna come after us if I have one of his beloved assistants. That wouldn't be convenient for me right now." The boy smiled.

I cocked my head to the side. "So... You want me to head back to Hanako?"

The ravenette nodded lazily. "Yep! Also, Daikon's probably dead now, so he's going to be desperate for his other assistant! Even more reason for him to come after us. I don't wanna fight the two of them, you know."

"Got it." I stretched my arms out. "I'll letcha know if I need something."

.

.

.

I peeked my head into the bathroom for a vibe check.

..Nene was alive.

I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't know I was holding. But the fact that she was alive made things so much worse... I feel way guiltier now. That's harder to ignore, you know?!

But to be fair, I barely felt any guilt before, so I can still ignore it easily-

The air was a bit tense and empty. It also felt awfully depressing for some reason.

"Uh... Hey, Hanako?" Nene asked, looking up.

The boy turned over to her. "Yeah?"

"..Nevermind..."

Ah, yes. It's time for my grand entrance! Dun dun dun!

I stepped into the bathroom.

"What's with the emo faces?" I questioned loudly.

The three people looked over at me awkwardly, silence filling the room for a split second. It was as if they didn't know how to respond in that very moment.

Their blank faces then melted into ones of surprise, shock, surprise, relief, guilt, and pain.

I felt a familiar ghost body press up against me and pull me into a bonecrushing hug. "[Y/NNNNN]!" Hanako yelled, squeezing me.

"I missed you... and I was really worried, you know.." He said quietly, leaning in closer to my face. "Did anything happen? I'm sorry I wasn't there."

"Nothing significant. They let me go. I'm okay. I'm not hurt." I said quickly, hugging him back. "Awww, I never knew you cared about me this much. C'mon, you look like you're on the verge of tears." I teased.

"...I.."

I crossed my arms. "Geez. I'm flattered that you'd cry as soon as you found out I'm okay, actually." I smirked, cupping his face in my hands. "Did you really miss me that much? Could it be? Have I cured your lonely little ghost heart and you never wanna leave me?"