twenty-three

[a/n]: wow look at that, i jinxed it, here's your first plot relevant chapter in a month :)) also holy shit 2k views?? thank you so much guys <33 tbh i thought that id get like 10 views and that's it 💀💀💀

.

.

.

Nene Yashiro opened one orange-magenta eye, unsure of whatever the hell was going on. She had heard [y/n]'s voice, followed by screams and wails. Also, there was some sort of metallic scent floating across the air that put a pit in her stomach. 

Something like...

Blood.

The sight that she was now in front of was more than enough to make her snap out of her "pretend-slumber."

"[Y/N]!" 

She'd yell, scrambling to her feet. Her cream-colored hair faded to the teal tips as the girl sprinted towards the unmoving body. This couldn't be real. It was a dream, wasn't it? A nightmare, a fictional reality. It was just a bad dream.

She hadn't felt this much dread in... wait, she had never felt this much dread before.

"...Yashiro...?"

A certain short, ravenette boy turned around, a pained expression on his face. What were once brilliant, large amber eyes had turned glassy and lachrymose. Tears were still pouring down his face.

He wanted to say something- anything to her. But his throat was dry. Dry and damp at the same time.

"I-.. I'm-"

Nene grasped your body tightly. It was going to be okay! It was going to be okay. It was going to be okay?

In the Misaki Stairs, Aoi was fixed. He told her that nobody could die in a boundary. Nothing comes to life there, and nothing dies there either. So as long as the world was destroyed, they could come back, couldn't they?

It was just like that! It was just like one of those scenarios! They would save the day, and everything would be okay.

She looked up, feeling for your heartbeat. There was nothing. Empty. Hollow. They felt cold. Lifeless. Dead.

Dead.

"Hanako, they aren't dead, are they? You can fix them, can't you..?" She questioned, holding onto even the smallest shred of hope that her childhood friend could come back. "You can fix them, can't you?!"

"I-I-I...." He swallowed hard, being unable to choke back a sob that managed to escape his mouth.

 "I'm sorry."

"..Huh?"

"Wh-What do you mean? Don't talk like that! This is some sort of cruel prank, isn't it?! C'mon, this isn't funny anymore!" Nene stammered out. "You got me! You win! Just bring them back! You can do that, can't you?!" She shook you back and forth.