twenty-four

It's been a week since everyone managed to leave the Picture-Perfect World

Everything went back to normal.

Well, sort of.

There was someone missing.

But they said their goodbyes.

It did seem a little too quiet now.

It'll be alright, though.

However, on the other side, on Team Tsukasa, the chaos multiplied. Especially since [y/n] also had supernatural powers now.

.

.

.

"NO, NO, NO! THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT! YOU'RE SETTING IT ON FIRE! WHY IS IT ON FIRE?!" Mitsuba screamed, cowering behind Tsukasa as Sakura and Natsuhiko desperately tried to put out a raging fire while I watched, eating potato chips.

The ravenette peeked curiously behind him, staring at Mitsuba before he turned to me, plunging a hand into my bag of chips, pulling a fistful out. "Hey, hey, [n/n], don't you think you should take responsibility for your actions?"

"You're one to talk." I scoffed, flicking his nose as he stuffed his face with my snacks.

"Mmrgh." He mumbled in protest.

After a bit, the other group finally managed to put it out, smoke drifting across the air. "..Dammit, [y/n]."

"Sorry!" I exclaimed, snickering as I sat on a pile of scrapped rumor ideas.

.

.

.

Speaking of fire and rumors, the new "House of Memories" one spread like wildfire. It wasn't long before it reached the ears of our heroes, Nene Yashiro, Kou Minamoto, and Hanako.

"Huuhh. So a new School Mystery? As the leader of the Kamone Gauken's School Mysteries, I thinnk... I should meet them." Hanako stated, tapping his chin.

"Uh huh! Have you even heard of an Eighth School Mystery?! It's like everything changed as soon as we got back!" Nene nodded rapidly as she retold what Aoi told her.

Besides, the details there...

Sounded an awful lot like a certain someone they knew.  Everything matched up. The time that they appeared. The "suicide" part. The fact that they haunted the rooftop, out of all the places. And finally, the part where everyone forgot about them.

Or, nearly everyone.

What if it really was them...?

What if they didn't actually have to say goodbye yet?

That was the thought that ran through all of the trio's minds, as they reviewed all the evidence.

"Well then let's go! We need to see if this new "apparition's" an evil spirit!" Kou yelled, slamming his weapon on the floor. And so, they set off, sprinting towards the roof at full speed.