twenty-two

"I gotta go real quick, I'll see you guys on the roof!" I waved, picking up my bags

"I gotta go real quick, I'll see you guys on the roof!" I waved, picking up my bags. I remembered that I agreed to try and bake with Aoi and some of the junior high people.

"..Oh, okay.." Amane nodded as I let go of his neck.

"Buh-bye!" Tsukasa waved with a large grin, his sharp canines showing.

.

.

.

"AOI! THE OVEN'S ON FIRE!"

"..WHAT?!"

"AUGH, DAMMIT, [L/N]! I KNEW YOU SUCKED, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU SUCKED THIS BAD!"

"SHUT UP, MITSUBA!"

"NYAHAHAHAHAHA, LOSER!"

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!"

"NO!"

"..Please?"

"Okay!"

"NO!"

"SHUT UP OR I'LL TURN YOU INTO OCTOPUS AND FRY YOU! DELICIOUS SCRUMPTIOUS MITSUBA TAKOYAKI! YUM YUM YUM! THEY SAID PLEASE!"

"OKAY! OKAY! FINE! DON'T TURN ME INTO TAKOYAKI!"

"You're welcome, Satou."

"...Thank you, [l/n].."

"...[l/n], I'm sorry, but... you don't seem cut out for baking." Aoi mumbled, opening the oven after putting the fire out.

"Yeah! You can make them look good, but they're always burnt!" Mitsuba butted in, a smug look on his face. 

"Well uh... I know how to set fires. But not really when and how to put them out." I shrugged. "Okay, whatever, I'm gonna try making it again. Can someone.. uh... watch the oven for me, please?"

"..Yeah, sure."

"Thank you! You're the best!"

 .

.

.

"Woah! These are really pretty! I never knew you had a thing for art, [l/n]!" Aoi exclaimed, looking at the several "art scenes" on the cookies. She picked up a detailed "your average horror movie forest" frosted cookie and looked it over. "Honestly, I feel kind of bad eating them!"

"Chill, I can draw more. Besides, if you keep it around, it'll rot. What a perfectly good waste of a cookie." I responded. "My notebooks are 90 percent doodle and 10 percent actual notes. That's not really a good thing when the teacher's going around checking them, but whatever. I don't need notes to have good grades." I shrugged.

One of Kou's friends.. what was his name again?! Sake? Isn't that a wine brand? You know what, whatever. "Huh. It's not bad. I guess your problem was just overcooking. Except... uh... how much sugar did you put in here?"