fourteen

I hummed as I watched the others clean the bathroom. Apparently, something happened to Nene. Another supernatural.

Nene pulled out a book titled 'Gardening Club Activity Log'.

"Here, look at this. I borrowed it from Aoi the other day."

Kou took the scrapbook and opened it to page one. I leaned over with mild difficulty, due to the fact that I still had a gremlin attached to me.

"No way!"

"...The heck?"

In the photos were spirit hands. In every single photo. There was a limb apparition photobombing it.

"Weird." Hanako commented, his voice slightly muffled.

I felt my face heat up, because... well, his face was buried in my chest.

"You look like you're having fun." Kou said.

"It's not the picture. That's not creepy. Well, now, it's just that weird things keep happening to me in real life, so..." Nene started.

"..I'm gonna need more." The ravenette responded.

The girl sighed. "They grow."

"Who grows?" The blonde questioned.

"The hands. They get bigger." She said in a deadpanned tone, holding her own up as if to make a point.

"Uh..." The three of us shivered slightly.

"They think I don't notice, but every once in a while, I catch them growing out of the corner of my eye. And I know they're not doing anything, but just the fact that they exist is bad enough!" She continued ranting, covering her face in her hands.

"That's not very nice." I felt the coldness leave my body, and the boy detached himself from me.

"THERE THEY ARE!" Nene shrieked. "A garden of them! EEK!"

I turned towards the direction that she was pointing towards, and a blank look entered my face. Seriously? What's the big deal? It's just a bunch of hands.

"Just tell me what you want and go. Are you here to grab my legs and freak me out?" Nene asked.

"Better not!" Kou yelled.

I leaned over towards the limb apparitions. "Hiiii!" I waved.

The things waved back.

Kou pointed towards himself with his thumb. "If they wanna keep those fingers, they better put 'em away! Don't worry, Nene! I'll mow these jerks down! Bet they've never heard of finger exorcises!"

"I get it! It's great having an exorcist around!"

"...Hope he'll be alright..."

"Go, Kou! You got this! Woohoo!"