twenty-five

Hanako and I sat in an awkward silence as I was chugging a bottle of juice and he was covered with a blanket over his head, only peaking out slightly, holding a cup of tea

"Sorry I was late! I had an errand to run." I exclaimed. "I hope you didn't get messed up too much?"

"..I'm fine." He mumbled, an edge of skepticism in his voice. Like I might do a 180 and murder him any second.

Anyways, you might be wondering what my errand was. Well, basically, this was what happened.

.

.

.

I followed Akane around, floating behind him. He had his glasses on, so he couldn't see me. Great, because I was going to "borrow" something from School Mystery Number 1.

I hummed as I pulled his time-stopping watch out, putting it in my pocket. I then got out of there before he noticed that strangely empty-feeling space.

"Okay, so how does this thing work..." I squinted my eyes before smacking my hand onto it. Everything around me paused, frozen. "Huh. Well, I guess that works."

I searched for the King of Popularity, Teru Minamoto. I spotted the blonde, before taking his red-bead bracelet things that he used to capture spirits. I was technically a spirit now, but uh... hopefully this thing didn't turn on me.

"Hyah!" 

I chucked it out, and it somehow extended length and looped around some random student. "Oh, shi-"

After panicking and managing to untangle them, I got Muku-Jodai to teleport me back to my boundary just as the 5 minutes ran out.

Minamoto, being the highly skilled exorcist that he was, immediately noticed that it was missing. After a moment of blank shock, he simply put on a calm smile. Whoever this supernatural was, he would find them out.

And in the past one second it was there and the next it wasn't, like time had stopped itself, he had an idea who he was going to question.

. . .

My errand technically only took 5 minutes long, and it wasn't even 5 minutes in actual time because everything was paused. The reason it took me 2 hours to get him out of there was actually just because I wanted to watch what he was doing and how he would react. And then I forgot about him for a while.

.

.

.

My "souvenirs" were sitting in the pockets of my jacket. "So, anything you wanna say to me? Any questions, insults, whatever?"

The ravenette finished his tea and placed it down to the side. What did he want to say? Had the day come before, he was sure that he'd have millions of things to say to you. But now, he didn't. Not one thing could he think of.