Chapter Six

No matter how long Wonwoo worked under Seventeen, he wouldn't understand how they ran their business out of a supposed office just on the outskirts of Seoul.

"Wonwoo!" DK yelled, just entering the building.

DK ran to reach Wonwoo, who was holding the elevator for DK. "Thanks." DK slumped against the wall. "I'm pretty sure S.Coups will blow my brains out the next time I'm late," He laughed.

"Just get here early," Wonwoo said blankly.

Only five seconds of silence passed before DK disturbed it. "So, how's that kid doing? You haven't accidentally killed her yet?"

"What the fuck, dude." Wonwoo spun to face DK. "Don't talk about that here."

"Hey, it's not like anyone's in here."

"Are you stupid enough to think the elevators aren't monitored," Wonwoo hissed. "S.Coups will actually kill me if he knew I took in the kid of some guy I killed," He harshly whispered.

DK raised his hands in defeat. "Just let me know if you need a babysitter again."

With a grunt, Wonwoo faced the elevator doors, impatient for them to open.

Wonwoo and DK were met with a freaked-out Hoshi when they did open.

"Did you guys forget when the meeting started?" He shrieked.

"It starts in, like, fifteen minutes." Wonwoo shrugged. "What's the big deal."

"Because it doesn't start then! It was supposed to start ten minutes ago!"

"What!" DK ran down the hallway; Hoshi followed after.

Wonwoo sighed before leisurely walking toward the meeting room. He was already late. Why waste energy rushing to get to it?

All eyes went to Wonwoo as he entered the room and took his seat at the table. It didn't bother him, though. He was usually late anyway.

"Glad you finally joined us," S.Coups grumbled. "Now, let's begin."

The leader went over a boring list of updates and notices to the top members of the gang. Most of it was related to trade and sales. 

"-And then there's the problem of the rising numbers of traitors. Jun and Wonwoo dealt with a recent traitor, Seonghwa; however, they weren't able to get any information out of him."

Jun looked away from the leader, and Wonwoo focused on the blank note-taking paper before him. He should have expected the scolding. Technically, he and Jun only completed half the job.

"We tried," Jun spoke up first. "But you know how they are. I think he would have killed himself before we brought him in." He added a shrug, trying to give off the vibe he wasn't anxious.

Wonwoo gave a grunt of approval, not eager to talk.

"So the two of you aren't an adequate duo?" It wasn't S.Coups who spoke, but Woozi, the leader's second in command. Or a glorified adviser who was given a gun for show. Either way, he influenced S.Coups, which was dangerous. "Perhaps we should split them up."