Chapter Twelve

"You survived!" Jun laughed, clapping his hands obnoxiously and drawing the office's attention to him and Wonwoo, who was approaching.

"Barely." Wonwoo pulled the seat from his desk, rolling it over to Jun's. "Have you guys already started?"

"Nope," Dino said. "We just sat down."

Wonwoo didn't want to go over this plan. He didn't want to do anything except go home after picking up Misun first.

"Okay." Jun sat at his desk and pulled up a document on his computer. "Han will be at a party his father is hosting two days from now. Dino will slip in, befriend Han, and join his circle."

"And what if he can't?" Wonwoo questioned. Dino was a new member and, as far as he knew, hadn't completed any spy or spy-like missions.

"I will," Dino huffed."

"If he doesn't, we'll figure something out." Jun shrugged. "But I believe he will." He turned at Wonwoo, glaring at him as if to signal to shut his mouth.

"Where do we come into play in this?"

"We'll wait on-premise to get Dino out of there if something goes wrong, and I've gotten DK to be our getaway driver."

"Is there no one else who can do it?" Wonwoo asked, sounding too concerned. If both Wonwoo and DK were gone that night, no one could watch Misun.

"He's the best one we have."

Wonwoo nodded, accepting that he wouldn't be able to change Jun's mind, and even if he wanted to try, his recent failures hanging over his head made it difficult.

"Hopefully, I can get close enough to him, learn a few secrets, and then we'll work on the actual assassination."

Jun and Dino continued the conversation while Wonwoo spaced out, uneasy and disinterested in the planning. Misun was becoming a bigger issue with his work than he initially imagined. He couldn't go on with this much longer. It was too dangerous for both of them.

"Are you okay, Wonwoo?" Jun pulled him from his thoughts.

"Yeah." He gruffly nodded. "Tired."

Jun didn't look impressed, but he returned to his computer with a sigh. He had the party hall outlined and was mapping out where different groups of people would be—nothing he needed to know.

Noticing Wonwoo's lack of interest, Jun abruptly stood up, roughly grabbing Wonwoo's arm as he walked out of the office room and into the hallway, leaving Dino behind flustered and confused.

"What the fuck is going on?"

"Nothing," Wonwoo said too quickly, pulling his arm free.

"Well, you need to start paying attention to this mission." Jun pointed his finger in Wonwoo's face. "It's not only your ass riding on this mission. I don't care if you don't like this plan. It's what will work."

"And it's stupid to let the new kid become buddy-buddy with our target," Wonwoo hissed.

Jun threw his hands in the air. "Then how else do you expect to get information?"

"The old-fashioned way. Torture him."

Jun rolled his eyes. "Look, I would love to do that. It would be easier. But it hasn't given us good results. And you know that."

Wonwoo huffed. Jun was right, and that was infuriating.

"Now answer me. Why are you being so strange? This is what you're good at."