Chapter Twenty-Six

It dawned on Wonwoo that he wasn't sure where DK stood in all of this. He had lied for Wonwoo and Misun before, and hopefully, he would continue. Wonwoo needed this meeting to go well, and if Seventeen barged in a started a shoot-out, everything would go to shit.

"Look!" Misun pressed her face against the cold window. "That house is huge!"

"That's where we're going." Usually, Wonwoo would chuckle at Misun's excitement, but it pained him now.

"We should move to a house that big."

Wonwoo could barely choke out, "Maybe one day you will."

"I bet they have one hundred bedrooms! And a big TV, aaaand." Misun trailed on and on about all the luxuries she imagined they had. She didn't stop until Wonwoo parked the car in front of the doors.

The mansion was huge, with a minimum of five stories. Pillars lined the walls, and the windows were large, with purple velvet curtains concealing the inside. The walls were painted a pearl white that upheld its color due to the constant care the Kangs hired. Curved stairs led up to a small porch, which held two lavish outside couches and the entrance into the monster of a house.

Misun clapped her hands as they ascended the stairs, giddy from the luxury. At least Wonwoo knew that she wouldn't be stuck poor.

The Kangs could probably pay for all of Misun's wants and needs for her entire life without her having to lift a finger. Fuck, they could probably pay for her and her children if she had any.

Wonwoo tried not to become bitter at the thought. If this went according to plan, Misun would have the dream life, and Wonwoo could be content with that, even if he weren't the one providing it.

"Papa?"

"Yes?" Wonwoo's fist hung in the air, preparing to knock on the door. He waited anxiously for her question. She was staring at him with wide eyes, putting him on edge.

"I'm hungry."

Finally, Wonwoo smiled, holding back a snorting laugh. "I'm sure they have food for you."

"Is it fancy rich food?" Misun's face twisted in disgust. "I want cereal."

"It's probably rich people's food," Wonwoo shared a disappointed look with Misun. "But if you eat it without complaining, we can stop and get junk food on the way home. Okay?"

"Okay! As long as it isn't snails. Bleh. Dasom said they eat snails in France."

Knocking on the door, Wonwoo laughed. "Don't worry, the Kangs aren't French."

The door opened almost immediately. "Welcome. Mr. and Mrs. Kang have been waiting for you," A butler greeted, bowing his head as the two entered. "I can take your coats."

"I'm Sorry, I don't have a coat," Misun apologized as if she had personally inconvenienced the man by not having a coat.

The butler simply nodded before turning to Wonwoo. "Sir?"

"I'll keep it on. It's cold in here," He grunted. Wonwoo didn't understand why the man reeled back, disgust on his face.

"I... see. Follow me."

Misun dramatically planted her forehead in the palm of her hand.

When she looked up, Wonwoo silently mouthed, "What?" She only giggled at him.

Wonwoo reasoned that it was tied to her princess show.

The butler directed them so quickly through the house that neither Wonwoo nor Misun had time to appreciate the splendor of the house around them.