Chapter 161-162

Chapter 161 The Two Purses That Was Sent Out

There was no flaw in Madam Di's words. She even said in a very generous and decent way. Nobody could find out any fault in whatever aspect of her words. However, Qin Wanru still antagonized her when Madam Di had an advantage in the event now.

"General, just look... Wanru now doesn't know the true meaning of the filial piety at all. She is very willful! We are now in the capital city, not Jiangzhou where we used to live. Young Ladies from aristocratic families are now everywhere in this city. Let alone our mansion, any lady from a noble aristocratic family in the capital city dare not be so willful like her!"

When finding out that Qin Wanru stood out again, Madam Di looked very sorrowful. She wiped her tears with a handkerchief, pretended to be very heart-struck and said, "When I cared for Wanru, she had been a very innocent girl!"

She meant that Shui Ruolan failed in educating Qin Wanru well when she raised her up. It was in a short time that Qin Wanru had become so willful. And Qin Huaiyong would not let her be wayward like this so it would be better for him to punish Qin Wanru heavily.

At that time, Shui Ruolan would be much heartbroken and sad. It would be better to add fuel to the flame!

Qin Huaiyong frowned and set his eyes on Qin Wanru. He looked a little bit angry and asked, "Wanru, do you know what you are talking about?"

"Father, it is the old maid who caused this trouble deliberately," Qin Wanru answered calmly, looking into Qin Huaiyong's eyes.

"What do you mean?" Qin Huaiyong sunk his voice to ask.

A satisfied look came into Madam Di's eyes. She knew that Qin Huaiyong was a little bit angry. That would be great! She was afraid that Qin Huaiyong wouldn't get irritated at all. She believed that Qin Wanru was unable to explain Qionghua's trouble.

If this event was inexplicable, then however Qin Wanru said well she would be punished in the end. She was only a little mean girl who knew nothing and even tried to meddle in this mess. How dare she!

"Well, it could be considered as a surprise! I have thought that it is not enough to only punish Qionghua. It would be better to make Shui Ruolan feel more sorrow."

"Father, the old maid is ill-disposed! I have evidence!" said Qin Wanru.

"What?" asked Qin Huaiyong.

Madam Di's heart suddenly raced. She subconsciously looked at Nanny Zhou beside her and felt relieved when seeing Nanny Zhou's impassive face. She was terrified of the girl's words and even thought that she did have some evidence just now.

"What kind of evidence could be left by this event? There is no material evidence at all. The old maid is very careful and there must be no witness."

Thinking for a while, Madam Di smiled lightly. She stared at Qin Wanru, with seeming kindness. It seemed that Qin Wanru was unreasonable. Now her character setting was very like the one she had many years ago. In front of Qin Huaiyong, she always pretended to treat Qin Wanru very well, even better than Qin Yuru sometimes, just in order to show her real motherly care.

Qing Yue who was behind Qin Wanru now stood out. After bowing to Qin Huaiyong, she pointed at the old maid and said, "General, I have seen this old maid before. She arrived here earlier than me. She even walked to the bird's nest porridge and looked around. I have heard from my Lady that the bird's nest porridge is cooked for Madam Shui. She doesn't want to have it all by herself so she gave half of the porridge to my Lady. However, there are many bowls here!"

While saying, Qing Yue let Yujie and Qionghua make way and show all people the four medium-sized stoves, on which there were three same bowls of bird's nest porridge.