Chapter 49 One Wave After Another

Qin Huaiyong basically left Mrs. Qin with that last statement.

Mrs Qin was frozen in place, wearing a stunned expression on her color-drained face, as Qin Huaiyong left, Mrs. Qin just looked on while unable to say a word.

When Nanny Zhou finally entered Mrs. Qin’s room, she could see Mrs. Qin in a daze, with her face drained of its colors. She approached her in two quick steps and called out softly, “Madam!”

Mrs. Qin woke up from her trance, reached for Nanny Zhou’s hand and started wailing, saying, “How could he do this to me? He said he wanted to take that slut as a concubine. She’s not worthy, she’s just a widow! How could she become the general’s concubine? No way am I going to agree to this, no way!”

She cursed and swear as she wailed, her face filled with hatred and malice and a vein bulging on her neck. She dug her manicured nails into Nanny Zhou so much so that Nanny Zhou’s face turned pale with pain. She quickly pushed Mrs. Qin’s hand away and cried out, “Madam, wake up, Madam, wake up!”

“What am I going to do? What should I do? I’ll now allow that slut to marry my husband! I’m going to kill her!” wailed Mrs. Qin, unable to restrain her emotions. She never imagined that Qin Huaiyong would ever say such words to her, to abruptly reject her suggestions and to marry Shui Ruolan against her will.

How dare he? She was the daughter of Duke Yong. She had lowered her status by marrying him.

“Madam, Madam, don’t panic. Things are still not certain. There has to be a solution to it, do not freak out!” said Nanny Zhou put her hand on her shoulder and shook it gently.

Nanny Zhou’ words brought Mrs. Qin back to reality as her eyes lit up. She reached out to hold on to Nanny Zhou’s hand, back to herself, she said, “What can we do, Nanny Zhou? I don’t want to let that slut marry into the Qin family as the general’s wife, she’s not even fit to be his concubine! She’s not worth it! She was lucky enough not to be drowned given that she did not guard her chastity!”

Mrs. Qin could not help but gnashed her teeth. She did not respond to Qin Huaiyong a minute ago because she was simply too shocked.

“Is the general going take Ms. Shui as wife?” inquired Nanny Zhou, who did not dare to eavesdrop when she was waiting outside the room.

“Yes, that’s what he said. How could Qin Huaiyong even say that? I’m the daughter of Duke Yong and me marrying him was a blessing from heaven. How could he treat me like this? Is he giving up the chance to go to the capital city?” said Mrs. Qin, gnashing her teeth when she mentioned this matter. She could no longer contain the hatred in her as it manifested in her eyes.

“Madam, is it because the general thinks that no one was helping Second Miss Qin manage the matters in her courtyard?” Nanny Zhou suggested after pondering for a while. She knew it was no use for Mrs. Qin to just sit there worrying.

“I’m quite sure it’s not that simple. I am certain he had been having the thought all this while! He wanted to settle this matter together with Qin Wanru’s problem once and for all. I really regretted leading a drunk Qin Huaiyong into Shui Ruolan’s room, now she had taken advantage of that opportunity,” said Mrs. Qin, who wished she could tear Shui Ruolan to pieces at this moment.

“Madam, what is done cannot be undone, we have to move on and think about what we can do to salvage the situation!” said Nanny Zhou, sounding a little guilty because Nanny Zhou was agreeable to the plan regarding what happened that day when the drunk Qin Huaiyong was led to Shui Ruolan’s room. They did not expect that Qin Huaiyong would end up wanting to take Shui Ruolan as his wife, and seemingly Shui Ruolan had agreed to this!