Chapter 54 Backhanded, Mrs. Qin Was Forced To Yield

Qin Wanru’s statement was so harsh that Mrs. Qin was struck dumb. She was at a loss of words.

Nanny Zhou put a smile as she tried to save the situation by saying “Not just Second Miss Qin’s maid, Elder Miss Qin’s maid would be dismissed too.”

“Yes… yes, both of them would be dismissed. We don’t need these here to create trouble!” Mrs. Qin said, nodding profusely. She could not be bothered about Qin Yuru’s maid at this moment anymore.

“To sent both of them away?” asked Qin Wanru, cocking her head.

“Yes, we have to send both away. They have sowed discord among you sisters so we don’t want them both!” said Mrs. Qin righteously.

“In that case… alright, but Mother, will you please send the maid back? I’ve some questions for her,” Qin Wanru said after she paused to think for a moment.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to see her again. She does not know how to behave herself. If you question her, she may annoy you!” advised Mrs. Qin.

“Mother, if you’re not going to let me see her and get to the bottom of this, I won’t agree to let her go. Otherwise, if similar things happen again next time, and both Elder Sister’s maid and my maid get dismissed each time, I’m disadvantaged! After all, I don’t have as many maids as Elder Sister,” said Qin Wanru, looking displeased.

The number of maids in Qin Yuru’s courtyard was double of that in Qin Wanru’s.

Mrs. Qin was about to disagree when Nanny Zhou pulled on the corner of her dress, indicating that she should go along with Qin Wanru.

“Alright, I will let that maid of yours come to see you!” replied Mrs. Qin. Helpless, she sent for someone to bring the maid here.

“Mother,will you also send for Elder Sister’s maid in question. I want to question them myself to find out what exactly happened!” added Qin Wanru.

Looking even more displeased, however, Mrs. Qin instructed for both maids to be brought here.

The old maid sent to fetch the two maids went quickly and came back quickly too, bringing with her Qu Le and the other maid. Qin Wanru realized that she knew her to be Xi Huan, the second-grade maid who followed Qin Yuru around quite a lot.

“Second Miss Qin, please help do me justice. Qu Le, the maid serving you collided into me and started scolding me, which was why we got into a fight,”

In comparison, Qu Le was very much more subdued. Although Qin Wanru, her mistress was standing right before her, she had just joined the household and did not know what to expect. In fact, by this time, her face was drained of its colors from the being very scared. She stammered, “Miss…, I didn’t … bump into her!”

“What do you mean you didn’t collide into me? You did, and you did it on purpose! In fact, there were quite a few people who saw it. How dare you be unreasonable and malign me in front of Second Miss Qin and Madam.”

Xi Huan almost lost it when Qu Le tried to argue and reached out to give Qu Le a slap across her face.

Xi Huan had been serving Qin Yuru all these while and she had always despised Qin Wanru. Although she was merely a second-grade maid, she did not care much about Qin Wanru and would act according to her whims and fancies.

However, Nanny Yu caught her hand in time, and before Xi Huan could say anything, Qin Wanru commanded, “Slap her mouth, Nanny Yu!”

Immediately, Nanny Yu released Xi Huan’s hand and before she could lift up her head, Nanny Yu gave her two tight slaps. She did it so quickly that even Mrs. Qin had no time to react.