Chapter 33 The Damn Ginger Tea

“Grandma had gone to bed by now!” said Qin Wanru matter-of-factly. She recognized that the maid was none other than Mrs. Qin’s chief maid, Meiya.

“Gone… gone to bed? What do I do?” Meiya said as she walked up and down in panic.

“What’s the rush?” asked Qin Wanru, frowning.

“This… this Magistrate Liu sent someone to our house to inquire about Miss Qi. What do we do now… that this mishap befell Miss Qin?” Meiya asked, looking all panicky like she had lost all her nerves. She continued, “Madam said that Old Grandma has to be the one to settle the matter with them. Miss Qi usually only listens to Old Grandma.”

How was Old Grandma going to make Qi Rongzhi listen to her if she was already so unwell due to her cough?

“Second Miss, will you please let me tell Old Grandma about it, so she can decide what to do?” Meiya pleaded with Qin Wanru after walking up and down the corridor for a while.

“Grandma is already asleep, please do not disturb her. I will go and have a look at Miss Qi,” said Qin Wanru as she lifted her head to look at Meiya.

“If Second Miss would go and have a look at Old Grandma, I will go back to Madam!” Meiya said, delighted as her eyes brightened. She bowed respectfully to Qin Wanru and turned to leave so quickly that the panicky girl in her a moment ago had totally vanished.

“Miss…” said Qin Yue, sounding worried. “If you go to visit Miss Qi now, she would bite you!”

Qi Rongzhi was brutal by nature. Sometimes she would spout nonsense to get people in trouble. She used to bully Qin Wanru so Qing Yue was worried that harm would befall her mistress.

Qin Wanru smiled but her eyes were cold as she said, “If Madam wants to pay a visit to Miss Qi, I will do it. Don’t worry about me because she can’t really do anything to me!”

Right after she finished the sentence, she instantly guessed Mrs. Qin’s intention. She could see through her evil plan to push her to stand before Qi Rongzhi, and she would comply. While she was sure Mrs. Qin was using Qi Rongzhi against her, Qin Wanru had exactly the same intention, which was to use Qi Rongzhi to spite her. While Qi Rongzhi humiliated Qin Wanru in her previous life, Qin Wanru was not going to let this happen in this life.

However, she was rather puzzled Mrs. Qin knew about Grandma not feeling well if Grandma only started to cough so badly but she was totally well before she returned to her room.

How did she know that Grandma would be coughing so badly back in her room that she could not even speak, and that Qin Wanru would personally visit Qi Rongzhi, not wanting her grandmother to be disturbed?

Could she have overlooked something herself?

It was not the right to pursue this matter, however, so Qin Wanru kept this in her heart and brought Qing Yue with her to head to the room where Qi Rongzhi was changing.

Just when she arrived outside the room, two maids were helping another maid who was bleeding on her head to leave. From the position of the wound on her forehead, Qin Wanru could guess that it was Qi Rongzhi who hurt the maid.

In Ningyuan Army General’s Mansion, Qi Rongzhi had always behaved as if she were the master of the house. She would scold and hit maids and other servants whenever she liked. She had never retrained herself from all of her tantrums.

This was an example of a maid who had been so unlucky to become the victim of her temper.

When the maid serving Qi Rongzhi saw that Qin Wanru had arrived, she went in quickly to inform her mistress. After a minute or so, the same maid opened the curtains and said to Qin Wanru unfeelingly, “Miss Qin, please come in. Our Miss Qi had been waiting for you!”