Chapter 47 A Handpicked Maid

Mrs. Qin immediately froze after hearing these words and looked embarrassed. She had forgotten that Qin Wanru had already found out that she was not Qin Wanru’s birth mother earlier on!

“Mother, you have been taken in by the words of this maid the moment you entered the room and thereby pushing all the blame to me. Did you not notice that this maid had attracted the attention of many so that she could shame me in front of them? Don’t you find it strange, Mother, that my place in this house is lower than that of the maid?”

Qin Wanru lifted her gaze to the stunned Mrs. Qin and continued.

“I did not realize that the maids in this house are so lacking in discipline.” Mrs. Qin responded, feeling anger arising in her out of shame. She was beginning to get nervous having been questioned.

“Don’t you have any idea of what’s happening in my yard all along, given that you are in charge of the backyard?” A composed looking Qin Wanru continued pressing Mrs. Qin while keeping her eyes on Mrs. Qin’s face.

It sounded as if this was the case all along.

Surprisingly, this little girl standing among the crowd, one head shorter than Mrs. Qin, was able to maintain her composure. The servants standing around started whispering to each other, criticizing Qin Wanru.

Although this was the yard where Second Miss Qin’s room was, it looked like a chaotic marketplace at this moment, yet Mrs. Qin had the audacity to say that she was not aware of the situation of the servants in the yard.

Qin Huaiyong, who was watching the entire scene all along, could no longer bear it. He gave a command to his sidekick through a knowing look and the sidekick cried out with a loud voice, saying, “The general is here!”

Upon hearing this, all the surrounding servants and maids by the windows were taken aback and quickly retreated to the sides to make way for the general. There was silence instantly.

First, Qin Huaiyong’s eyes scanned the maids who were standing by, then he walked in strides into the room, with his hands at his back.

Mrs. Qin felt something was not right. She did not expect Qin Huaiyong to have come here when she was teaching Qin Wanru a lesson. She turned her eyes to look at Nanny Zhou, who tried to give her a reassuring look.

“General!” Mrs. Qin called out, all smiles, once she calmed her nerves.

However, Qin Huaiyong did not even look into her eyes by averted his gaze to rest his eyes on Qing Cui, who was still kneeling. He had, in fact, be standing outside for quite some time so he had an idea of what went on in the room.

This maid was the source of the commotion. Usually, Qin Huaiyong would not take notice of the maids, but at this moment, as he fixed his eyes on this maid, he realized that she was much more glamorously adorned than all other maids.

Not only was the fabric of the clothes she was wearing much more exquisite than that of other maids, but she also wore dangling earrings which made her look even more prepossessing. Why would the maid to a young mistress be adorned in this manner? What would people think about his daughter if even her maid was dressed in such an unseemly fashion?

“Is she the maid who had been beaten and tried to draw spectators here?” asked Qin Huaiyong coldly.

At this instant, Qin Wanru walked up to Qin Huaiyong to greet him and nodded her head in response to his question. She pointed to the letter which fell on the floor and said with a loud, clear voice, “Father, she was indeed the maid who was stirring up trouble. I have no idea where she found that letter, which she insisted was written by me. She argued her point by saying that there are no other masters living around here apart from me, so she insisted the letter must belong to me!”