two

2510 words 🤯

i'm not one for parties. i've never liked crowds. especially when the crowd is people i see everyday without a choice. it's embarassinf seeing someone from school outside of school. so when most of the school is gathered in a loud place with colorful lights- such as a concert, i'm not really planning on going.

it's lunchtime right now and my two friends bebe and heidi are trying to convince me to go to the crimson dawn concert tonight. don't get me wrong i love rock music. i just don't like concerts. especially school concerts.

"kyle pleaseeeee!! i took a video of them last concert look at how cool they are!!" heidi says, trying to persuade me with a video of the vocalist singing, though you can mostly hear her screaming for most the video.

"why do you want ME to go. why not wendy or nichole or annie or red-" "BECAUSSEE you don't understaaand!! red nichole and wendy went together so we have to make them jealous by going together!!" bebe yells back. girls are so confusing. i've been friends with them for around a year and i still don't understand the 'drama' between them i'm not gonna  lie. one minute bebe and wendy are posting about the best sleepover they've ever had, and another minute bebe wants to make her jealous be dragging me into it.

i don't wanna pick sides ok?? i just wanna get through highschool and get into college.

"will i get something in return??" i ask them both. they exchange glances and heidi blurts out "we'll take you to wendy's! before or after whichever you want!" hmm.. wendy's is pretty far from south park.. "deal." i say with confidence, not knowing what im getting myself into.

on the car ride home, heidi and bebe where flooding my messages with texts to go shopping for an outfit.

i sit in the passengers seat of my moms car, and i remember i have to tell her im going to a concert with my friends tonight even though state tests are a week away.

"hey mom, so me heidi and bebe are gonna go to a concert tonight. that's ok with you right??" i ask her in my sweet mother voice. "i dont know kyle.. is there going to be alcohol?" "no. some kids from school are preforming at the starry night stage tonight and my friends want me to go." i tell her honestly. "hmm.. ok. just because that sounds fun and if there kids from school it shouldn't be too bad.." she says hesitantly.
"thanks mom!"

when i get home, i go straight to my room and text heidi and bebe. i'm really excited to get wendy's, but now that heidi sent the video in the group chat, the lead singers kinda fine. i think i've seen him in the hallways. he might've even been in my gym class this year. i think his name is steve.. but he bleached his hair. i know the drummer is jimmy valmer. we used to be friends in middle school. and the guitarist is butters stotch i think. o don't know much about him but i know he's friends with cartman still. poor things probably getting manipulated still.

i receive a call from heidi and so i answer it.

"hello?"

"kyle! bébés on her way to pick me up and then we're gonna go to the mall for outfits for tonight!"

"why do we need new outfits?"

"because! tonights special. it's your first crimson dawn concert and no offense but you don't really have any concert clothes."

"well.. what do you consider concert clothes?"

"like.. not a t shirt and baggy jeans."

"oh. yeah good point."

"we'll be over in 10! tell your mom!"

and she hangs up. i sigh and go to the bathroom to turn on the shower. just a quick shower. no more than 5 minutes. i won't shampoo because then it'll take a lot longer to shower. see, when i shampoo, it takes like a fourth of a bottle and an arm workout. i have a lot of hair.