nineteen

1608 words

after the whole thing in stan's garage, i spent the car ride home basically in shock as to what just happened.

it was completely silent. no music on the radio, no one walking on the sidewalk, no animals making sounds outside, and i couldn't find it within myself to utter a single word.

it wasn't until i got home, said hi to my mom, and went back up to my room that i really let what just happened sink in, and i can't help but smile as wide as possible.

has he liked me all this time? i wonder if this would go any further.

i roll over and look at my ceiling, and put the back of my hand to my lips that had just touched another set.

i go over to my desk and put my headphones in and listen to high energy music while thinking about stan and how maybe we would go as far as to start dating.

the next day at school, we have one more day of state testing before our schedule goes back to normal.

when i finish the test, i text stan again in the bathroom, and try to clear my mind.

kyle ☺️☺️: how are you doing on the test?? ☺️

stan: THERES NO WAY YOURE DONE

stan: IM ON QUESTION 5.

kyle laughed at "IM ON QUESTION 5."

stan: DONT LAUGH

i smile at him getting angry. i'm glad he's not being dry after last night, although i didn't really consider that to be an option. especially considering he's the one who technically made the first move before locking himself out of his house.

if this whole stan thing ends up working out, i'm not gonna let him forget about that until the day we both die.

i take out my water bottle and splash a little water on my face before going back to the classroom.

i'm sat right next to wendy and the brilliant idea pops into my head. i'll ask wendy about what it was like to be with stan so i can get an idea before i dig in.

i take out my notebook and write down a little note that reads:

what's your ###?

i sneakily slide it over to her and she reads it and writes down her response.

why

i mentally face palm.

bc i want it?? teacher couldn't give a rats ass if we text. plus it's easier, less tree killing yk??

she finally gives in and writes her number down on the paper.

i bring out my phone and text her, to which her phone vibrates from her back pocket.

kyle: hey

wendy: hi

kyle: what was stan like when you guys were dating??

she looks up at me from her phone and raises an eyebrow.

wendy: how come?

kyle: asking for a friend

wendy: is it bebe?

i notice her tense up beside me.

kyle: ..ok maybe it's for myself