ten

1941 words

i started off the school day pretty pissed off when bebe bumped into me and made me lose an airpod in the hallway. i've always liked earbuds more anyway.

i don't know what her deal is. wendy isn't acting mad at me, so why should she? the only reason she's mad at me is because she thought wendy was mad. but she's not! so what does she think she's gonna accomplish??

my first few classes have just been slowly fueling my temper. i habe three missing assignments in ELA, my lab partner in science doesn't do jack shit and makes me do all the work, and my art teachers being totally gay and won't let me submit sketches for homework. she says their not "complete".

i'm hoping my study hall with stan will help clear my mind a little.

i walk into the library and find him sitting at the same table he was yesterday, presumably waiting for me.

i tried not to hurry too much i  fear i'll look desperate, but i hurry across the library just enough so i don't get yelled at.

"hey." he says to me, trying his best to sound cool even though he sounds totally stupid.

"hey." o say back, mocking him. i take a seat next to him and instantly take out my ELA homework.

"what's that?"

"just this stupid ass assignment i have to do for mrs tranewrek." i tell him, groaning.

we start up a simple conversation about the teachers, until the bell rings. from the corner of my eye, i can see this bitchy teacher giving us the nasties glare humanly possible.

i lean over and whisper "don't look now, but mrs yasoop is giving us the dirtiest look rn"

almost as soon as i say "don't look", stan whips his head around, and once he sees her he slowly turns his head back to me with his eyes wide, insinuating he's made eye contact.

i don't blame him. mrs yasoop is a mean old lady who has more grey than blonde hair that just goes past her shoulders, and she wears the ugliest floral designs every single day. her shirts always fit her in a way that makes her look like gru from despicable me. and to top it all off, she wears skinny jeans every day. (which do NOT do her any favors whatsoever) she's one of those annoying pissy teachers who stands in the doorway of her classroom, yelling at all the kids who are late for class instead of teaching her own. i had her last year for biology and before class she would stand in her doorway three minutes before the bell and yell at everyone to get to their classes. it's like, what do you think i'm doing? her yelling doesn't encourage anyone! if i didn't know any better, i'd say she was menopausing. but i've been at this school for three years and she hasn't loosened up one bit. and from what i know, she's married and has two kids that are both working in careers. and it sounds like her parents are both alive and well so she has no excuse to be such a skank.

i laughed at stan for making such a frightened expression. we both fixed our posture and tried not to laugh our lungs out so the teacher wouldn't come over. i instantly whipped out a pencil and scribbled my name at the top of my assignment.

at lunch, me and stan sat in the hallway again.

"are you rehearsing with the bend again today?" i ask him, hoping and praying that he'll say no. i really wanna hang out with him, have it be at his house or my house or even at the school after school hours.

"nah. i gotta take a break from them. just a few days to myself." he tells me. does "by himself" mean without the band or anyone else..?

"how about you? studying i presume?"