twenty one

2130 words

by the time we were both done painting, it was late at night. its well past nine, and we both knew we wouldnt be able to finish by ten, so stan somehow managed to convince my mom over the phone to let me stay the night.

i love the way my painting turned out, it looks a lot like the reference photo i used. i decided to give it to stan as a token of my gratitude. really, i just want it in his room so he has some of me in there. i know he still has the polaroid picture, but this one's different because i put effort into it. i'd be lying if i wasn't thinking of stan when i was looking for a picture.

but then again, it's hard to not think of stan.

i really hope he's not second guessing any of this, because he hasn't gotten the balls to initiate any sort of physical contact with me. i find that i'm the one going in first, and reagcing for his hand first, and allat.

it just feels relieving to do this with him, i haven't had anything intimate ever really. i kissed a girl once in like 5th grade, and then some jerky guy i liked only kissed me in 7th grade because he said he thought i was a girl. so, i haven't had any real experience with this type of stuff.

"are we going to sleep down here, or in my room? either one's fine by me."  stan asks, breaking my train of thought.

"i dunno man it's your house." i respond. i could care less where we sleep tonight, i mean i was kind of hoping to be in his room, you know, where there's a bed, but i'm flexible.

we decide to get ready for bed upstairs, where i remembered i don't have anything for tonight. i know i can just use more of his clothes, but i don't have a toothbrush or anything. i'll make him drive me to my house tomorrow after breakfast since he's so excited about his new license.

when we get upstairs and i select which of his pajamas i'll be taking, (which is just a t shirt and shorts) i go to his bathroom to change. i examine where he keeps his toothbrushes and toothpaste to see if there's any extra for me to use.

when im done brushing my teeth, i go back to his room and see him standing on all his pillows with my painting, trying to reach the nail in his wall.

"do you need some help?" i ask, trying not to laugh in his face. he turns around and looks like he's been caught in the act of doing something he's not supposed to.

he gets embarrassed, jumps down onto the edge of his bed, and puts my painting on his nightstand.

i notice that before he was standing on all his pillows, his bed was nicely made. now, i'd like to think that he only made his bed because i was sleeping in it, but i can't be sure.

"aww did you clean up for me?" i say looking around, seeing the place slightly tidied up.

"yes poopsie kins. lowk have to piss pretty bad." he gets up from his bed and walks to the bathroom.

i'm so tired, and i just can't help myself so i run and jump onto his bed where i lay there and look at the ceiling. then i look around at his walls. he has a few good drawings pinned to the walls by thumbtacks, and a few band and movie posters. i feel my eyes start to sting from being tired.

i slide myself under his blanket and embrace how the whole bed smells like stan. it's almost an overwhelming amount of stan. i guess i better get used to it if im gonna start seeing him this often.

while i'm under the blanket, i look at the stuffed animals he has on his headboard. most of them are different sea animals, some are dogs. some are terrance and phillip. some of them look a lot older than the others. i think it's a good thing he doesn't let go of his old stuffed animals. i don't think anyone should. i'm just thinking nonsense at this point. popycock, if you will.