sixteen

2983 words

the drive home consisted of nothing but regret. why the hell did i hug him?? what the shit is wrong with me?? that was one of the worst things that has ever happened to me, but then again one of the best. if this is what it's going to be like seeing him until either i confess or lose feelings then i'm gonna have to get used to this. i've never really had crushes that last more than about a week, so hopefully this'll pass. i can't believe i hugged him. i still can't believe it. i'll tell him i was still drunk or something? i have no idea. should i apologize or would that make it worse?

i come back home to find it's already almost five. i've been writing this essay all day and i'm so sick of it. it's supposed to be due by wednesday, but it has to be three pages long and i've literally been so busy because my science grades are so horrible that i completely forgot all about it. it was fun to take breaks from studying to play roblox with stan though, i'll admit it.

i walk inside and put the car keys in the bowl on the dry sink right by the door. "hey kyle, do you know when the band starts rehearsing?" my dad asks me, watching tv on the couch. "i'm not 100% sure, probably like later this week or something, why?" i politely respond, pretending like my headaches gone away.

"i reached out to my old band guys and we all want to hear you guys sometime." he informs me. oh god that's gonna be so embarassing. i mean, the other guys have to be aware of this, right? maybe we should leave it up to them to decide.

"oh also stan and his family are coming over for dinner on wednesday because although we've met stan, we haven't reconnected with his parents for a while nor have we really gotten to know him." he tells me. it doesn't really process in my head immediately, so i just go upstairs and collapse onto my bed immediately.

i just scroll on my phone for a bit and wait for any new texts to deliver.

heidi: wanna hang out tomorrow?

kyle: uhh.. idk maybe.. i think i might be getting sick so i don't wanna risk anything.

that's half true, i know i'm not actually sick but i feel pretty sick right now.

heidi: DONT get me sick. we'll hang out next weekend.

i slip under my comforter and onto the pillow that stan slept on, that still smells like him. i'm about to take the nap of a lifetime i'm sure of it.

and sure enough, i woke up the next morning at 10 am with over ten text messages.

wendy: hey kyle, tbh you seem pretty cool, wanna hang out sometime? 🧐

kyle: ..is this a prank

wendy:.. no

kyle: oh

kyle: maybe

i feel kinda bad for being dry but i hardly know anything about her and who knows if she's serious. bebe probably put her up to it or something like that.

i open my phone again and look at the other nine messages i got left while deep in slumber.

stan: LOOK

stan: