twenty

2811 words

today is FINALLY the day that i get my license unsuspended, which means i can drive myself around!! yayyy!!

im honestly hoping that im still a good driver, it's been a few months.

i rush down the stairs to my dad who's on the couch watching some old 80s comedy.

"hey dad guess what."

"what." he says, his eyes fixed on what was on tv.

"today i get my license back and you don't have to drive me anymore." i remind him.

"that's wild, stan." he says without looking at me once. whatever he's just being a bitch cause i don't need him to drive anymore.

as i pour my cereal, i think of where the first place i should go be.

then, it hits me. since the night in my garage, me and kyle have been less talkative and more physical, so why not take him out? technically neither of us has confirmed whether or not we like the other person but i don't think we really need to. i mean really, there's no shot we kissed on the lips and walked around for like three days holding hands for him to be completely straight and take no interest in me. let's just be real. plus, i know kyle and he doesn't just go around kissing his friends and not leaving their side.

it was a matter of time before one of us took the other out.

ill just go over there and ask him, since texting is a total pussy move.

luckily, i just had to get used to driving for the first few minutes but the rest of the way was completely smooth. i missed this level of independence. love my old man but i was starting to feel like a middle schooler again without being able to drive.

i knocked on the door and sheila let me in, i go up to kyle's room and just let myself in. what are the chances he's butt booty naked?

kyle's playing minecraft at his desk when he turns to look at me.

"hey man, what're you doing here?"

"don't "man" me, twink lets go out." is what i would've said if i were a total teenage girl. but instead i said:

"not much dude. wanna like go out or something?" i say, looking at the wall instead of him.

"like, a date?"

i freeze up. what do i say? if i say yes then i sound like a total cheese but if i say no ill risk ruining everything.

"well i mean perhaps something along those lines.." i answer, still avoiding his face.

"im literally in pajama pants and a wife beater. go downstairs ill be right down." and with that, he kicks me out of his room.

i go downstairs and just stand there for i have nothing to do anymore.

"did kyle kick you out?" sheila asks when she notices me standing around.

"oh no he's just getting ready." i tell her, so she doesn't get mad at him. kyle talks about her a lot and about how unfair and strict she is. but to me, she seems really nice. then again she can be saying all sorts of stuff in russian that i don't understand.

"where are you guys going?"

"im not really sure yet, just leaving the house. i got my license back today so im looking for an excuse to use it." i tell her, and we just have a small conversation. nothing too crazy. i just made sure to make today sound strictly platonic to her, because im not ready for her to find anything out just yet.

about ten minutes later and i finally hear kyle's door open and close, and he comes downstairs.

he's wearing jean shorts that go past his knees with a cream colored fisherman sweater and he's musty ass biohazardous  converse. his clothes are obviously new because not only have i never seen them before, but his sweater is so bright compared to all his other "white" things. his hair is pulled into a little braid in the back of his head. i didn't even notice till he did a little
spin. the back of his hair just looks a little shorter, nothing too bizarre there.