eight

1736 words

5th period went by so unbearably slow. i'm hungry, hot, (😉) and i am quite literally salivating at the thought of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my lunchbox.

walking through the halls, i wanted to push these annoying slow ass walkers out of my way but i refrained because they were so much shorter than me. probably freshmen.

i tried to look for kyle in the crowded hallway, but to no avail. our lockers aren't near each others so who knows if he's even in the same hallway as me.

should i text him? should i look for him in the cafeteria?? i figure that could take forever, so i shoot him a quick text. we should've planned this out during study hall.

stan: where are you 😢😢

kyle: i just got to the cafeteria, wanna eat somewhere that's not as loud? 😓😓

i'm fighting the urge to giggle and skip down the hallways but i would probably get jumped or soemthing. im fighting demons trying not to giggle. does this count as a date?? is he asking me out? i think he wants me i'm not gonna lie. maybe he wants to smooch me so bad and he doesn't want the cafeteria to see. or maybe he's like me and hates the cafeteria. i think he wants me though.

stan: how does outside the library sound?? it's usually pretty empty. 🤭🤭

the moment i sent that text i got embarrassed for using those emojis.

me and kyle decide on meeting in front of the library in the hallway. there aren't a ton of classrooms nearby so we would get yelled at for being loud. i was NOT in the mood to eat on the bathroom floor like i did last year. i found out some people pee on the floor when there's no free urinals, so no more bathroom for me.

i finally made it to the spot we agreed on, and kyle wasn't there. i didn't really care because i'm hungry. i sat down and started eating my lunch without him. soon enough, after i was halfway through my sandwich, kyle finally showed up.

"hey!" he shouts, running towards me as if he didn't already have my full attention. he had a long strap around his shoulder, and his lunchbox at the end of it. "mind if i sit?" he asks me. "stand." ..he didn't get the joke. "i'm kidding." i say, trying to lighten up.

"ahhahaha that was a real knee slapper." he says sarcastically. "i mean- that was a real breath taker." oh you wanna talk about breath takers?? have you seen yourself?

that was so gay man.

"what do you have?" i ask him, trying to start a conversation. "uhh let's see.. cucumbers and like.. cheez it's. when's your next concert?" 

"we preform at the same place every other weekend. we're kinda disagreeing on what band we should cover next." i admit.

his face lit up suddenly. "you should totally do the cure! of course it's just a suggestion, but they have a wide range of different sounding music."

"you think so? i think we could totally do that!"

"you would have to do at LEAST three disintergration songs though. that's the rule." he insists.

we talked and laughed and continued right where we left off in study hall. only, this time we were getting to know eachother a little more.

i learned about how his family is jewish, i learned about his little brother, and i learned about how his mom is a stuck up priss. (his words not mine) i found out he transferred to our school in 5th grade and i've never noticed him. granted, he did show me pictures of himself from 5th grade, and he looks like a whole new person.