halloween special

2394 words

( now believe me- i know it's well passed halloween and by the time i finish this christmas will probably even be over- (it's christmas eve) but with the time this story takes place, it overlaps with halloween. with halloween being my favorite holiday i couldn't find myself leaving a special out. )

it's been about four to five days since dinner with kyle's family, and gerald keeps coming over to our house, and that's when my dads not over there. me and my dad get home from school and work at about the same time which means that when i get home from school, soemtimes gerald will literally be waiting in my kitchen for me with my dad. some days i see him more than my own mother.

but that means i get to see kyle too. he's not over as much as gerald is (which i personally find to be unfair) but we play with the band pretty often, hiwever that doesn't leave but a 20 minute car ride to ourselves. so that means outside of school, most days we spend about 20 minutes together. and in school? around 3 classes or something like that.

but i feel like i miss him like crazy when he's not by my side. i think i need to be put down for this or something, put on medication. this is not healthy. but i'm in tip top shape compared to my dad. i don't read through his phone but i know damn well he texts gerald at work. absolute gayasses. even my mom joked about him becoming my new stepmom. but that would make me and kyle step brothers, and that would NOT be optimal.

halloween is in three days and i don't even know what im going to be. i was thinking about doing something dumb like a fork or something, but then i figured why not match with my best fellas? i tried to text the band but all of them either weren't dressing up or they already had an outfit.

so naturally o asked kyle, and he said he wasn't going trick or treating. believe me when i say i tried everything to make him dress up with me. i bribed him, i guilt tripped him, i gaslit him, i even tried seducing him by saying i would dress up as lola bunny for halloween. nothing.

so we agreed that we would just meet as his house and hand out candy to trick or treaters.

today is october 27th, and everyone knows what that means..

the 30th anniversary of the in utero album!!

and the fnaf movie.

i took my dads car and drove (illegally) to the drugstore where i got all of me and kyle's favorite drinks and snacks, because it's a friday night and he has peacock.

for me, i pick up the pink monster energy drink, peanut butter m&ms and those watermelon sour patch kids that make me do a little jig whenever i eat one. for kyle, i got an arizona iced tea, a bag of reese's peanut butter cups and jolly ranchers.

i knock on kyle's door with two drugmart bags filled with diabetes, and ike answers.

"hey ike."

"hi"

"where's kyle?" i ask, looking around the living room.

"prepping his room he said."

i walk up the stairs and knock on kyle's door.

"ma?" he calls

"no, stan." i reply, being very funny.

"come in," he starts. with haste i open the door and see a blanket connected from the foot of his bed to the drawers of his tv stand, creating a dipped roof. there's christmas light hanging from the walls for decoration and there's tons of pillows and blankets thrown under to form a nest.

"it's not exactly finished yet, but feel free to make yourself comfortable." he says.

my mouth gapes open for an instance before instantly assuring him that the fort is perfect and that we will both be sleeping in it.