0.3

Arthur's POV

"You have a really nice voice." I spoke, when I heard her singing. It was like hearing a literal angel.

She snapped her head and gave me a dirty look. I guess she still didn't forgive me for bugging her, when we were younger.

I always just wanted to protect my feelings. I had a big crush on her, but I was scared of telling her, so I made her hate me. It was easier like that. And it did no harm.

"Fuck off." she muttered and went back to reading her stupid little book.

"What? Are you still angry at me for bugging you?" I laughed sarcastically and she looked at me with wide eyes.
"You don't know what you did with those words, do you?" she stared at me and I shook my head.

What did I do with them? They were just harmless words.

Except-

Fuck. Of course. You damn fucker.

You told her she was fat.

She was never fat. She had an athletic body, just a bit chubby cheeks. And I called her fat.

Fuck!

"Did my words...?" I started and she looked at me with disgust.
"It only takes a second to call a girl fat, and she'll take a lifetime trying to starve herself. Think before you act, Arthur." she shook her head.

What?

But they were just harmless words. I didn't mean to.

"Amelié, i'm sorry. I didn't know. I never wanted that to happen to you." I admitted and she just ignored me, looking away.
"Look at me! Listen to me! I didn't mean it. You were never fat." I told her and she smiled sadly.
"And yet, I was the one starving herself and counting every fucking calorie."

I was at loss for word. I did that?

I didn't think twice, before kneeling down and hugging her. She stiffened, but wrapped her hands around me, tapping her hands on my back.
"I'm sorry." I whispered.
"Don't care, Arthur." she mumbled.
"Yes, you do. I know you do."

"Anyway, Meina sent me a list of things we have to do." she said and pulled away from the hug.
"What is it?"

"Firstly, we need a backstory and we have to know things about each other." she answered and looked me in the eyes. I could see the hatred towards me. She was well in hiding it.

"Let's go in, on the sofa. It'll be more comfortable." I stated and she nodded her head.

I knew she wouldn't do anything like this, if it weren't for her job. But for me, it was more than that. The feelings in me always followed. I never stopped loving her. I just distracted myself from it.

Obviously she didn't feel the same for me. She hated me. And it was with a very good reason. I would hate me too.

We sat on the sofa, making ourselves comfortable.

"For the backstory. Ollie and you are friends, so we met quite some times and clicked immediately. We started hanging out alone and you asked me out on a date. After four dates, you asked me to be your girlfriend. We started dating three months ago. The end." she was quick with coming up with the idea. And it was a good backstory.

"Good thinking." I commented, but she just scrolled through her phone, without even looking at me.

"Okay. What do we need to know about each other?" I asked and she finally looked up from her phone.
"Normal things." she shrugged, looking back at her phone.