Chapter 1

Firefern was sorting out some patrols. Leaf-bare had finally ended a couple of moons ago, and it was so nice to finally have warm weather again.
"Springlily! I need you on a patrol with Silverlake, Nightsong, and Molewhisker," Firefern called out. "Ok," she replied and went to go join her patrol.
New-leaf was always busy because we had more mouths to feed. So Firefern had been sending out more patrols. Squirrelstar had gotten sick again, so Firefern had taken on most of her duties.
"Hey, Redsun! Can you go on a border patrol near the WindClan border? The last patrol said that they had smelled some strange cat on that side of the border." She said. "Of course, I'll go gather some cats!" Redsun said.
Firefern and Redsun became good friends. Firefern still vowed to never love again. So she doesn't have feelings for Redsun anymore. Cricket finally had her kits. She also took a warrior name, her new name is Cricketflight. She also had four healthy kits! Ivykit, Skykit, Thornkit, and Sunkit. Let's just say that Darkcloud is very proud of his kits.
Daisy also had a kit she named him Riverkit. She declared that it would be her last litter. Goldeneyes also retired to the elders' den. A lot of things were changing in ThunderClan. It was a good change!
Firefern headed up into Squirrelstar's den to check on how she was doing. Alderheart was in there with her. "Firefern, I want you to listen," she whispered. "I'm getting old, and sooner or later, I'm going to move on to StarClan, so I want you to be prepared for when that happens," She said calmly. "Oh Squirrelstar, don't say stuff like that!" Firefern said.
Earlier in New-leaf, Squirrelstar had saved the kits in the nursery from a snake that somehow managed to get into camp, but she had lost a life in the process. Now Squirrelstar was on her last life, and Firefern was getting really worried. "She'll live," is what she would tell herself all the time, but Squirrelstar only got worse. Firefern didn't know what would happen. All she did was pray to StarClan that she would get better soon. She wasn't ready to become a leader yet.
"Squirrelstar, you'll make it through this! You have to promise me that!" Friefern pleaded. "I'll try, for now I want to rest," Squirrelstar said. Firefern dipped her head and headed out of the leader's den. Firefern decided that she would go check out the queens.
She walked over to the nursery and headed in. "Is everyone good? Do you all need some prey?" Firefern asked. "Were all right," Sandheart said. "I would like some prey!" Spotfur asked. "Ok," Firefern said as she headed over to the fresh kill pile. She picked out a nice plum vole and brought it back to the nursery. "Here you go!" Firefern said as she dropped the vole I'm in front of Spotfur. She nodded in thanks.
"Don't you have Deputy duties to attend to?" Daisy asked. Firefern felt a bit awkward. Most of the time, if she wasn't on duty, she was hanging out with Shadowwing, but she's gone now.
"Are you missing your sister?" Sandheart asked. Firefern nodded shyly. She didn't want the queens judging her for missing her sister. "It's ok, we all do. I'm pretty sure that there was just some huge misunderstanding, and maybe she'll come back one day and prove herself innocent," Sandheart said. She was trying to sound hopeful.
"Maybe, I hope so," Firefern said. Deep down inside, she knew that Shadowwing most likely won't come back. "I betrayed her," Firefern muttered. She especially felt bad for Redsun. She was his mate, but now she's gone.
Firefern left the nursery and headed over to the Medicine cat den. She wanted to talk to Jayfeather about the prophecy. It was obvious that Shadowwing had a really important role in it because she could teleport and turn invisible in the shadows. She also seemed to be able to see the future at times. While Firefern only figured out that she could control fire and not be burnt by fire. There had to be something else to it!
Once she arrived at the Medicine den, she found Jayfeather sorting out herbs that he had collected earlier this morning. "You've come to talk to me about the prophecy, am I wrong?" Jayfeather said. Firefern was shocked. "Uh... yes, yes, I have," she said awkwardly.
"Well, go on and ask your questions. I'm kind of busy right now," Jayfeather grumbled. "Have you had a vision about Shadowwing? Is she still a part of the prophecy?" Firefern asked worriedly.
Jayfeather froze and cleared his throat. "Well, no. I haven't had a vision from StarClan yet. So I don't know what's supposed to happen," Jayfeather cleared.
Firefern shuffled her paws. "Oh," she said. Firefern dipped her head and left the Medicine den.