Chapter 20

Shadowwing was on her way to the gathering. The whole way there, Firestar seemed tense. Shadowwing heard other cats murmuring about the Redsun situation and how Firestar would deal with it.
The Clan arrived at the fallen tree and made their way across to the island. Once the whole Clan gathered up, Firestar led them into the clearing where they gathered.
Firestar and Shadowwing headed towards the tree, Firestar leaped up to the branch to sit by Crowstar and Sunstar. Tigerstar was nowhere to be found. Shadowwing went to go join the other deputy.
The other cats were talking and enjoying another's company, while the leader's made small talk. "Where's ShadowClan?" Blackpelt, the RiverClan deputy, asked. Shadowwing shrugged, and so did Breezepelt, the WindClan deputy.
"They should be here now!" Breezepelt snickered. Blackpelt nodded in agreement and turned to face Shadowwing, "Where do you think ShadowClan is?" He asked. "Not sure," Shadowwing replied.
A little ways went on, and Shadowwing heard footsteps approaching and turned to see ShadowClan coke through. The whole Clan seemed skittish and worried.
Rowanpelt, the newly selected deputy of ShadowClan, jumped up to the branch to join the leader's. All the deputies gave each other uncertain glances.
Crowstar let out a yowl to let everycat know that the gathering had started. Crowstar walked forward to start, "WindClan is doing well! We have a new apprentice, her name is Ashpaw." WindClan started to cheer for the new apprentices.
Crowstar walked back and let Rowanpelt speak next. "Tigerstar was unable to come to the gathering. He should be back by the next full moon. Overall, ShadowClan is doing well." He said and dipped his head and walked back.
Sunstar padded forward, "RiverClan is also doing well, although one of our apprentices has disappeared, his name is Shatterpaw, and he's a light gray. Please let us know if you've seen him," Sunstar said and signaled for Firestar to step up.
Firestar walked up, "ThunderClan is thriving, all though we also are missing a warrior and believe that ShadowClan in in possession of him!" Firestar turned to face Rowanpelt, her green eyes full of rage, but she remained calm.
ShadowClan stayed only quiet, it seemed like they knew that Firestar was right. "We also figured out the Rowanpelt trespassed on our territory with a group of Rouges and attacked our warrior, Silverlake." Firestar hissed.
Rowanpelt looked a little shocked. "And do you have poof that we kidnapped or attacked your clan members?" Rowanpelt asked.
Firestar smirked, "Once Silverlake woke up, she said that she had seen you, and your scent was found near the entrance of our camp." Rowanpelt looked unsteady. "You sure yall didn't get mixed up with my son's scent?" He asked.
There was a gasp, and every cat went silent. Mostly, everycat can't know about Redsun's secret. "Yes, Redsun is your son, but he wasn't born into ThunderClan or ShadowClan. He was born into RiverClan, but his mother was exiled because she fell in love with you. She's dead now because of you." Firestar hissed.
Although Shadowwing liked the justice, it seemed like Firestar was reveling a bit much. "Once Redsun went missing, we followed his scent to the ShadowClan border and scented yours!" She continued on. Rowanpelt seemed lost for words. "Well, my son belongs in ShadowClan with his kin! He doesn't even belong in ThunderClan," Rowanpelt agreed and waited for his Clans agreement, but they stayed silent.
A she-cat that Shadowwing didn't recognize stood up, "I wish no dishonor towards ShadowClan, but Tigerstar is terribly sick. Rowanpelt has been in charge of the Clan and has been making us do stupid things. One of those was kidnapping Redsun from ThunderClan." The she-cat said. There were murmurs of agreements from the ShadowClan cats.
Shadowsight, who was the Medicine cat of ShadowClan nodded in agreement too. Rowanpelt hissed at his Clan. "You fools! Redsun belongs in out camp and yall are just weak! ShadowClan is leaving and we're not returning Redsun since he has ShadowClan blood! If you try to take him, we will fight!" He hissed and ShadowClan made a swift exit.
The rest of the Clans were quiet for a bit before Sunstar stepped forward, "I was only the deputy of RiverClan when Redsun's mother was exiled, I wasn't exactly sure why she was until now. The gathering is over now," he claimed and all the cats started to leave.
Shadowwing's pelt was on fire with rage. The whole way back to camp, Shadowwing was thinking of every way she could claw out Rowanpelts throat. Her eyes were somewhat filled with tears.
Firestar looked at Shadowwing, "lean against me." Shadowwing did as she said and they slowly walked back to camp. Shadowwing started to feel very weak and tired. She tried to relax herself and calm down. Shadowwing would do anything she could to get Redsun back.