Chapter 9

Shadowwing didn't know what to do. Jayfeather obviously knew that she was there. "Ugh! Follow me," he snapped at her. Shadowwing noticed that Redsun was looming at Jayfeather like he was crazy.
The two of them walked into the back of the Medicine den. "So what are you doing here?" Jayfeather asked. Shadowwing came out of the shadows, "Can a girl not check on her kin and friends?" She asked.
Jayfeather stayed quiet for a bit. "I had the vision. So what did your vision say? And when are you coming back and how?" He bombarded her with questions.
"First of all, my vision showed me running towards ThunderClan camp during leaf-fall at night and I could her voices whispering "Trust in the Shadows for they will find you knew light," she repeated the words like that's all she knew her whole life. Jayfeather nodded slowly. "I haven't really figured out what it means yet, I also don't know how I'm going to convince the Clan that I need to come back," Shadowwing admitted.
Suddenly she heard foot steps approaching, she noticed that Jayfeather did too. "You need to go!" He whispered to her. She nodded and went into the shadows and teleported out back into her den.
Shadowwing stood still for a bit, she hopped that she hadn't left any scent trail behind. Shadowwing decided to start thinking about how she would return to camp. As she started to get bored thinking, she noticed that some of the leaves were starting to turn orange. So Shadowwing didn't have much longer until she had to return to the Clan.
She layed down her in her and started to think. "Maybe I need some sleep before I can figure it out," she said to herself. She layed down and slowly waited for sleep to come to her. Once it finally did, she found herself laying infront of Hollyleaf.
"When will I ever be able to sleep!?" She complained. Hollyleaf laughed. "You need to focus and stop sleeping away your life," Hollyleaf told her. Shadowwing rolled her eyes.
"Anyways, I have knew that Jayfeather wanted me to tell you," she explained. Shadowwing sat and waited for her tk explain. "He said that he might have and idea on what the voices were trying to tell you, something to do with you having an important role. You are the shadows in what they were saying." Hollyleaf explained.
Shadowwing sat in silence for a bit. "Okay, I see where he's coming from. Also, have you heard anything about the new prophecy Hollyleaf?" She asked. Hollyleaf shook her head. "No I haven't, but I'm trying to figure out more. I promise as soon as I have more information I'll tell you," Hollyleaf said sincerely, her green eyes burned deep into her.
Hollyleaf dipped her head and ran off. Shadowwing suddenly awoke. She looked around it was nightfall all the leaves were orange. "How long did I sleep?" Shadowwing asked her self. She felt very weak and hungry. It felt like days passed.
Shadowwing got up to go eat some left over rabbit she had from the last time she hunted. Once she started to eat, she could hear whispers once again. They were whispering something about Squirrelstar being dead.
Shadowwing froze, she could finally understand what the voices were saying! She sat and tried to understand what they were saying.
"Squirrelstar"
"Dead"
"Firefern is now Firestar"
"You"
"Deputy"
The world's floated around in her head until she finally understood the message. "Squirrelstar is now dead and Firefern became Firestar and now I must become deputy. Trust in the shadows for they will find you new light, it all makes sense now!" Shadowwing said cheerfully.
Shadowwing dashed out of her den and started to head towards ThunderClan's camp. She didn't exactly know how to explain herself, but she knew that Jayfeather and StarClan would help her.
As she was running towards camp, she realize that it was exactly what she saw in her vision. Her running through the forest at night while the leaves were orange.
Once she saw camp, she busted through the thorn tunnel. "I have to become Deputy!"