Chapter 19

Firestar was busy deciding who should come to the gathering in two sunrises. She looked up at the moon, hardly able to see it during the day. It was almost full. Firestar was also busy trying to figure out what happened to Redsun.
Shadowwing had offered to shadow-travel to their camp and sneak around to see if he was there, but Firestar turned down the thought. Firestar had decided to talk to Tigerstar at the gathering.
At the moment, Shadowwing and Firestar were in a meeting. "So I'd the prophecy cats aren't born yet, then when will we know when they are?" Firestar asked. "I'm not sure. Maybe Jayfeather or Alderheart will get a vision?" Shadowwing offered.
Shadowwings whiskers were quivering, Firestar could tell that she was in deep thought. "Anyways, what cats should we take to the gathering?" Shadowwing said, her tail started to twitch a bit.
"Let's take a quarter of the Warriors, so Cloudjumper,Clearsong,Sandheart, Nightso-"
"Firestar?" A cat interupeted her. "You may come in!" She answered. Nightsong, her father, came padding in her den. "Silverlake woke up, Alderheart sent me to fetch you," he said calmly. Shadowwing and Firestar looked at each other before rushing out of her den.
They rushed across the clearing to the Medicine den. Silverlake was awake in the nest that she had been staying in. "How are you feeling, Silverlake?" Shadowwing asked nicely. The she-cat turned to look at her former mentor and smiled, "Much better, thanks to you finding me."
Shadowwing smiled back at her former apprentice. "Silverlake, we have an important question for you," Firestar started. The young warrior turned to face her, "Is about who attacked me?" Firestar nodded, "yes, so who attacked you?"
Silverlake seemed to look like she was trying to recall what happened. "I remember being on guard once I smelled ShadowClan, so when I went to go and inspect, someone jumped on me and slashed my side open. I did get a glance at their pelt. He was a dark red. I'm pretty sure that he was the deputy of ShadowClan. He also had a bunch of Rouges with him." Silverlake explained, her blue eyes were full of horror.
"Thank you," Firestar said as she dipped her head and left. Shadowwing followed close behind her. "We should attack ShadowClan for attempting murder and kidnapping one of our Warriors!" Shadowwing hissed, her black pelt all fluffed up.
Firestar sighed, "Again, Shadowwing, I'll talk to Tigerstar about at the gathering, I feel like he's not aware of what his deputy is doing."
Shadowwing looked like she wanted to argue back but dropped the subject. "I need to go organize patrols, talk later," Shadowwing said and padded off.
The sun burned bright, and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. Firestar felt a little hot and decided to head back to her den to cool down. Firestar honestly didn't know what to do until she got an idea! Firestar quickly ran up to Shadowwing as she started to organize patrols.
"Shadowwing, I want to lead a patrol near the ShadowClan border!" Firestar said. "Of course. You can take Nightsong, Clearsong, Hollytuft, and Bayshine," Shadowwing said and pointed with her tail after the gathered cats.
Firestar nodded and gathered her patrol. They headed through the thorn tunnel and started for the ShadowClan border.
They quietly walked along the way, renewing their scent markers and keeping an eye out for Redsun. Along their way, Firestar studied a good way to sneak into their camp if Redsun was there, and they refused to give him back.
She didn't want to use Shadowwing's shadow-travel since she could possibly end up revealing her secret. Firestar confused to wonder if there was still more to her abilities that she didn't know about.
"Firestar, I have a scent!" Clearsong said proudly. She walked over to where Clearsong was pointing. "That's a Rouge scent mixed with Redsun's," Firestar confirmed. "Should we follow it into ShadowClan territory?" Bayshine asked.
Firestar shook her head, "I plan on confronting Tigerstar at the gathering." The patrol seemed a bit unsure about that idea. Firestar ignored them and continued back to camp.