Chapter 18

Redsun was trying to figure out how to escape from ShadowClan. He had thought about sneaking out at night, but he was guarded all day and all night. He had also thought about sneaking through their dirt place at night, but it was a hole, nothing to sneak through.
   He watched as the ShadowClan cats went about their day. The day before, the queens were giving him side glances, and it made him uncomfortable.
   A kit started to walk up to Redsun, where he was imprisoned with a piece of prey. "Hearw you gwo mwistyer," he muffled through the prey. Redsun laughed a little, "Thanks, what your name?" He asked happily. He hadn't had someone to talk to since him and Shadowsight talked.
   "I'm Thistle kit!" He said proudly, his chest fur fluffed out. "I'm Redsun of ThunderClan," Redsun said. Thistle kit turned his head to the right slightly. "Really? Rowanpelt said that you were his son, so then you should be ShadowClan." Thistle kit corrected.
   Redsun shook his head, "I'm actually from RiverClan, but then my mother......uh...she had to go away and ended up dying so then a ThunderClan patrol found me and I lived there since." Redsun explained.
   The kit looked surprised. "Really? Cool back story, sorry about your mother." He said. He sat down and started to mess with a rock on the ground. "Want to hear about my mother?" The kit asked.
   Redsun nodded for him to speak and started to eat his food. "My mom is Rowanpelts, mate! So does that make us kin?" He asked excitedly. Redsun paused, and the Thistle kit was his kin. "Yes, we're kin through Rowanpelt." Redsun said happily.
   "Really! That's so cool! I have another brother! I have Fayheart and Dustclaw, but they don't like to play with me. All my litter mates died when I was born, and the kits in the nursery are too young to play with me. They say that I play too rough." He complained.
   Redsun felt bad for him. "You want to know one of my secrets!" Thistlekit whispered. Redsun nodded. "My mother hates me, she says that she wished that I was never born! So she never takes care of me. She only pretends to infront other cats. I hardly drink milk, I was forced to eat prey at a young age!" Thistlekit said it like it was a joke, "Rowanpelt also hates me and says that he doesn't care if I die."
   Redsuns back, and I started to fluff up. His anger was rising quickly.

How dare they do that to him! He's so nice and deserves so much better! ThunderClan would give him the love that he needs like they did to me!"

   Thistlekit stayed with Redsun for most of the day until a queen called him back to the nursery for the night. They really didn't seem to care for him at all. None of them came looking for him, not even for feeding time. He went and grabbed prey himself.
   Redsun lay in his den, bored now that Thistle kit was gone. He enjoyed talking to him all day.
   Tonight, Redsun would decide how to escape or hoped the Shadowwing would come and find him. One thing for sure, Thistlekit was coming with him. Redsun would make sure that he was taken care of and loved, Cricketflight would definitely take care of him since he's friends with her and Darkcloud. They would understand that he wanted to help Kin.
   Redsun thought about asking Thistlekit if he wanted to come with him once he escaped and how he would be able to sneak a talkative kit out of camp. Redsun eyes started to get really heavy, and he couldn't stay focused on a plan to escape.
   Before he knew it, he drifted into sleep. He started to dream about him in the nursery with the three kits again. "Redsun! Nightkit is being mean to Littlekit!" Moonkit cried.
   "You two, be nice," he heard the she-cats voice again. Redsun turned to look at the she-cat and found himself in a starry meadow again. "Fox-dung! Why is it every time I go to look, I get zapped awake or into another dream!" He hissed to himself.
   "StarClan does not wish for you to see their face yet," he heard his mother say. He turned around to see her fur flowing in the breeze. "Mother, I need to know if I should take Thistlekit with me once I go to escape ShadowClan. Nobody treats him right!" Redsun explained. He felt deeply sorry for the kit.
   "Whatever you think is right is the right way." His mother said. Redsun nodded. He knew what he had to do then. Thistlekit would be coming with him.