3. Tough times

Chapter 3: Tough times

I couldn't believe it. I was science partners with BLAKE MARSHALL! 

I turned to face the idiot and to think he would be annoyed like me, but no way, instead he was smirking like he had just seen me in my underwear. I managed to resist the urge to slap his face; of all the boys in this class it had to be BLAKE MARSHALL! 

"I think you're gonna have a lot of fun working with me Ellie," Blake smirked even wider. 

"Don't flatter yourself," I said to him. I looked at the clock directly above the whiteboard and it was only half two, meaning that I had another half an hour of class before I could go and get my munchkin. I had asked the head teacher if I could leave earlier from school since I had to pick Jace up and he allowed me to. School would normally finish at quarter past three. Come on clock! Tick faster! Mr Bistol stopped his lecture and sat at his desk... What the hell do we do now?! 

"So, I think you should come by my house to get started on our project," Blake said, I could hear the smugness in his voice. Oh damn... I promised Jace ice cream. 

"I can't," I said looking at him, his smirk instantly dropped to a glare. 

"Why?" he asked. 

"I just can't. Not today, alright?" I insisted. 

"No, today," he said firmly. WHAT? How dare he order me 

"I said no, I'm busy," I retaliated. 

"No! Today-" 

"Blake what the fuck man? Leave her alone!" Drew cut in. 

"Ellie, come on sit by me from now on," Drew said. 

"I can't Drew-" 

"Awwh someone doesn't wanna get in trouble with the teacher. I was right you are a goody two shoes. You're probably a daddy's girl too," just the mention of my father was enough to bring tears to my eyes. Yeah I was such a daddy's girl, that he raped me! I tried to keep my tears in but they had already fallen before I could blink them away. 

"Touch a soft spot did we?" Blake snickered. 

"Blake, what the hell is wrong with you. You are such a dick!" Drew hissed. I wiped away my tears and looked down and my lap. What the hell was wrong with this guy!? 

"Yeah you touched a soft spot because my dad is dead," I whispered it was true my dad was dead...to me. I looked at Blake and he looked a little guilty. 

"Ellie?" Drew said. I gave him a look to shut up, and he nodded but mouthed, 'Tell me about it later'. I looked back at the clock and it had only been fifteen minutes! 

"My bad," Blake mumbled so quietly, in a sarky way, I barely even heard him. I looked at him and he wasn't making eye contact with me, he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"Don't worry about it, he died a long time ago," I murmured. Two years was a long time ago... to me, because so many events had taken plce that it aslmost felt like a decade. Sighing I started putting my stuff in my bag and I took off my glasses and put them back in their case. 

"Where are you going?" Blake's rude voice scared the hell out of me. 

"I gotta get going, need to see Mr Walls, my form tutor," I lied. Blake scoffed. 

"Why?" he asked with the smug look. Damn, did I hate his face and that smug look on his face a lot more! 

"That's none of your business," I replied and stood up. 

"Text me later," Drew said. 

"I will, tell Becca I'll call her later," I grabbed my bag and coat and walked up to Mr Bistol.