25. Sweet as Ice Cream

Chapter twenty five. Sweet like ice cream

"Can you believe that they are actually together?"

"They look so cute, I wanna be like them!"

"Apparently she's paying Blake to go out with her.

"Ben why can't you and I be like that?"

I walked down the hallway of the English department, my fingers entwined with Blake's. I listened really carefully to what people had to say about us. Some were pleasant some were unpleasant. I had realised that most people actually liked us together and that the people who hanged around with Lissa Amble were just jealous. The bad rumours about Blake and I had obviously been made up by haters, and for that I couldn't help but pity them.

Being Blake's girlfriend was actually amazing. My life had changed so much, in such little time, I suddenly became popular again, and everything was changing and getting better. I wasn't considering adoption anymore, since I could cope a lot more but the option was still there. I didn't exactly go to the popular side of the school tree, I stayed where I was, with Becca and Drew, and I just felt better that way. I couldn't go back to be someone who was now flushed down the toilet. I didn't mind people always coming up to me, talking to me; it just made me more social. Blake didn't mind, that I didn't want to hang out with his friends or sit with the popular table at lunch, he just thought it made me more of the perfect girl for him. He had told me that every girl he slept with, most of them would just hang by his side, and try to get popular. I still didn't like the fact that he had slept with more than half of the girls at school, to be more precise it sometimes made me feel really jealous and angry. And in a way it made me feel like he was cheating on me. But I knew Blake would never do that to me... Or would he? We carried on walking down the hallway to our class, I had started losing my confidence, everytime me and Blake walked together. People just always seemed to stare. They would stop and just look at us, some glared at us, and some just had pure smiles of happiness. What could I say; I had taken the guy that all girls wanted and most girls hated me for it.

"Why do they always stare?" I groaned as we entered the classroom, to meet the eyes of more interested people.

"It will die down soon," Blake smirked as he led us to our seats. Thank God Becca and Drew were already there. I rushed to sit down beside her, once I was close enough to her; I engulfed her in a huge hug. I don't even know why I hugged her; I guess I just need a hug from the girl that I grew up with. She hugged me back, tighter, like she knew something was wrong. I pulled away and sat down, in the seat next to her.

"What was that for?" she asked, with a grin.

"I don't know, is it a crime to hug my best friend?" I asked her, teasingly.

"Nope it was just unexpected. So how's being the IT couple?" Becca asked. I stared at her in shock... the IT COUPLE? Wait since were me and Blake the IT couple? Who even started that?

"The... It couple?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, didn't you know loads of people have started calling you and Blake that now?" she asked, slowly.

"No!" I squeaked out and turned to Blake. I grabbed his arm and pulled him so that we were facing each other. I locked my eyes with him, and sighed. Releasing my grip on his arm, I finally spoke.

"You do know that we are the It couple?" I asked him.

"Is that such a bad thing?"

I didn't know what to think. I didn't even know why I was overreacting, I just wanted a normal relationship, with the guy that I really like, I didn't want any hassle or issues from no one, not even Lissa Amble. So what I didn't seem to understand was how me and Blake were the IT couple. We had only been together a few days; we hadn't done anything very public, except the occasional kisses on the cheek, lips and just holding hands. Why did people think we were the It couple. There were so many couples in our school and they were all perfect for each other. I guess I needed to take a long look in the mirror and see what all these people were talking about.