8. Get well soon.

Chapter 8. Get well soon.

Being sick was no fun. No fun whatsoever.

Being sick, especially when your child is sick as well was even harder. It was now Monday, beginning of a brand new week. Last Tuesday I had seen a different side to Blake. Not only did he like throwing paper pieces at me he also had a side to him that made me want to dig in deeper: a side that I had never seen on a guy before. It was a side that just made me want to find out what made him say that to me. Maybe he wasn't just the rich, spoilt, ignorant boy I thought he was.

Maybe he was something more than that.

So here I lay sick in bed with Jace as well, by my side. Since he was sick he didn't go to nursery either. He had a huge stomach bug and a small, well I should say, big case of diarrhoea, whereas I had a stomach bug and a very sore throat, and a little fever, which wasn't very nice at all. I had even started throwing up: not being able to keep down any food at all.

"Mummy I not well," Jace whimpered helplessly. It really did break my heart knowing he was sick. Jace and I were on good terms now. He accepted that Elmo had been cleaned and he would go back to smelling how Jace wanted him to smell like which was a little gross but oh well. I was even happier when I picked Jace up from nursery yesterday and he apologised for throwing the toy at me. I really did love my son and nothing would even change that.

"I know honey, mummy's not well either. But we need lots if rest and lots of water," I told him stroking his hair. He was curled up next to me with the covers off both of us, since we were way too hot.

"Jace I'll be back, I just need to go and ring auntie Bec-Bec," I told him struggling to haul myself of my comfortable, warm bed.

"Okay mummy," Jace sighed and closed his eyes while sucking his thumb. Awwh! I dragged my feet all the way to my living room where my phone was. I carefully walked to my phone and picked it up. I unlocked my phone and saw that it was lunchtime. Uh oh.

I now had six missed calls and five texts and two voice mails. Okay that wasn't so bad. I looked at my call records and saw that give of my missed calls were from Rebecca and one from Blake!

I quickly phoned Rebecca knowing that she was on her lunch break.

"ELEANOR MARIE SMITH, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" My best friend's shrieking voice brought daggers to my head.

"Hey not so loud," I moaned while putting a hand to my head which was very hot, my eyes subconsciously closing as a sharp pain pierced through my head.

"Well Elle where are you!" She shrieked, making that familiar pain attack my head again.

"Calm down Becca. I'm sick and so is Jace," I said as I collapsed into the sofa with my burning forehead cupped into my hand.

"Aw Hun. I'm sorry to hear that," she said sympathetically.

"Thanks hey, if it's not too much trouble could you come over mine after school? Please?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure. How's Jace?" He asked.

"He has diarrhoea," I sighed.

"Eww," she shrieked. And now, my head was full on throbbing!

"Hey enough with the shrieking how's school?" I sighed.

"Ohh good umm Elle, Blake was kinda asking me where you were," she admitted.

"What?" I asked.

"Err yeah. . ."

"What did you say?" I asked her curiously.