6. Firing Apples

Elle on the side :D

**************************************>

Chapter 6. Firing Apples

Work.

 I seriously hated that word, especially on Saturdays. On Saturdays, as well as Sunday where I couldn't be a normal teenager. Well I could never be a normal teenager, since I had Jace. Saying that my job sucked wasn't a very good adjective: my job was very fucked up! I absolutely hated working at the local fruit and veg shop. Why you ask? Well the pay wasn't very good but it was just roughly enough for me to cope. I hardly got any days off, since I worked part time. And my boss was a serious jerk head, who hated me! The old fart was so slow, he barely came in in the weekends so it was just me and another girl who didn't particularly like me but I didn't care. I seriously did hate my job but I had enough on plate so I couldn't exactly look for another one.

School had been alright: Blake was the same as usual but there was a slight change in him. He was different but still an annoying prick.

"Eleanor, make sure you restock the onions!" George, my boss, yelled at me with his croaky smoker's voice.

"Yes George," I said bitterly. With a sigh, I dragged my feet into the store room where we kept the onions other vegetables. I picked up a heavy box of white onions and carried the damn thing back into the shop.

Today I was wearing blue skinny jeans and a simple hoodie with my beat up converses and of course I had to wear the wretched green apron to show that I was staff or some pathetic reason like that, so I guess you could say I wasn’t really dressed to bend down and pick things up. But this morning, with Jace fussing and me being exhausted, I grabbed the first thing I could get my hands on and that was skinny jeans.

My hair was in a messy bun and I wasn't wearing any make up apart from concealer to hide the bags from being up all night with Jace.

My poor baby had had a very bad dream last night and it took all my will power not to yell at him to calm down. Well one thing about me is I get very mad if I don't have enough sleep. I had woken up at least six times last night because of Jace. Once I settled him and put him back to sleep I went back to my room, at least two hours later Jace woke up again. Then after I had to settle him again, he fell asleep and I went back to my room. Then at least forty five minutes later he woke up again. After being up with him all night, when I woke I found myself lying on the floor in the hallway. I guessed that I slept there last night or collapsed from lack of sleep.

"Eleanor, stop daydreaming and get those onions stocked!" An irritating voice snapped.

"Sorry George... Why don't you get up from your fat arse and do it yourself?" I whispered the last bit bitterly, hoping that he wouldn't hear. I sighed and started doing actual work.

After stocking up the whole of the onion section, I had loads more to do! I had to start with the apples.

"Well, well if it isn't little Ellie Jelly!" A voice snickered. Oh shit! I turned around holding half a box of apples.

Blake.

"Well, well if it isn't Blakey Flakey," I sneered.