35. My crying shoulder

Chapter thirty five. My crying shoulder 

“Are you awake yet? A voice asked huskily.

I was warm, not the type of warmth when you feel cold but just warm with love. If it was even possible to feel warm with affection, then that was the best way to describe how I was feeling. There was another type of warmth I was feeling and it was the cold, hot type. Blake’s body heat had kept me warm and cosy all night. His arms were holding me protectively and I had found myself snuggling into his chest, more, during the night. I had slept with Blake for the second time but this time we had done much more than just sleep, unlike the first time when Blake let a revolting smell of gas out.

I stretched slightly in Blake’s arms and opened my eyes, the brightness of the light outside blinding my eyes. I blinked a few times and sighed. I felt a wave of fatigue washed over me, but I didn’t feel tired, physically no, but mentally maybe.  I stared towards the window and just looked at the curtains, they weren’t drawn but Blake’s blind was. I was actually quite annoyed since the blind wasn’t a black out one, and it had let in the light.

“No, but good morning,” I said, with a yawn. I felt Blake’s just rumble, as he laughed at me.

“Well morning’s nearly over babe, its quarter to twelve,” Blake stated. I shrugged my shoulders and turned around to face him, clutching the covers to my body. I wasn’t exactly self-conscious of myself in front of Blake but there was something there for me to be shy as well as that, I was feeling a little cold.

“I need to get going,” I told Blake, looking deep into his eyes. Was it just me, or did he always look this hot in the mornings. His eyes were bright, his hair was messed up and sticking up in all different directions but it just made him look even sexier than usual.  I didn’t really want to go home but I didn’t want to extend my welcome and make Blake think that I was only using him for one thing because I seriously wasn’t like that. It had been my second time having sex and usually people say it doesn’t hurt the second time but since the last time I had sex which was over two years ago, it did hurt the second time but the pain was much bearable than the first.

“Do you really need to go?” Blake asked, as he pulled me closer to him. His arms wrapped around me tighter and he held me as if he never, ever wanted to let me go.

“Yes?” it came out more as a question, and I didn’t mean for it to come out like that which surprised me more than Blake.

“You don’t sound so sure, Elle, what do you really want?”

I looked away from Blake’s wandering eyes and thought hard about his question, what did I want?  On top of everything that was happening what did I want right now?

“I want… I just wanna lay here with you,” I answered in a venerable tone as my eyes looked back up.

“That’s what I want, I just want to have this one day with you, I want to hug you, kiss you and lay here like nothing else matters.”

“Then will just that then,” Blake said as he leaned in and placed a kiss on my forehead.

“Thank you,” I said as I found myself wrapping my arms around Blake. He was just so easy to be with and he was the only person that I wanted to be with right now even if I couldn’t be with him forever, at least he was the one who had managed to save me from the darkness.

“You’re more than welcome and you really don’t have to thank me for anything,” Blake said.

“Yes I do, I have a lot to be thankful for.”

“Oh really and what exactly do you have to be thankful for?” Blake asked curiously as a smug smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.

“You,” I answered. That was seriously the first thing that had come to my mind and it made me chuckle inside, I really did have a bizarre mind.