27. Meeting the 'In Laws'

Chapter twenty seven. Meeting the 'In Laws'

I was a girl who could take nervous to a whole new level. It was never because I was shy or anything like that; it was just because I had trouble fitting in with new people. My confidence had gone down a lot in two years, I was no longer the girl who wasn't scared to do a handstand, in a short skirt, and I was the girl who always seemed to act like a person who had pulled a cat's tail. So you could say that my confidence level for this very evening was extremely low. Possibly on the verge of exploding, due to how low it was. I was trying my absolute best; to stay calm and not go insane but to be truthful it wasn't working. If this was me this time last year, I would have laughed in Blake's face and told him straight that I wasn't going to meet some snobby parents; however I wasn't going to say anything like that at all.

I eyed the dress that I was going to wear, with concern. It was the same dress that I had worn for Blake's birthday party, and that actually made me feel so cheap and poor! Well I was cheap and poor, but I could have at least brought something classier to wear in front of Blake's parents, on the short notice I didn't have time.

Instead of just wearing the dress plainly, I was thinking of incorporating a belt or something, just to go the extra mile. I also wasn't going to wear heels, just my plain satin plain flats, with minimum amount of jewellery and make up. I didn't want to look like a slut in front of Blake's mother and I certainly didn't want to look over dressed.

There was no doubt that I was going to a four or five star restaurant, Blake has once told me that his parents only ate the best food, while he and I stuffed our faces with fast food, almost twice a week. I guessed that being an owner of loads of companies had to you in a spot. I just hoped that what I had chosen to wear would fit in well with what others would wear at the restaurant.

I glanced at my clock; I was meeting Blake and his parents at the restaurant. Blake had offered to pick me up, but I declined saying that I would meet him there; he just had to tell me where the restaurant was. I had to be there by half past six and now it was only half past five, nearly quarter to. It was definitely a good time to get ready. I picked up my dress and slipped it over my body, I then went to my vanity and brushed my pre-straight hair and pinned the front parts to the side, so it kind of looked like a half down, half up, do. I applied light make up, red lipstick, mascara, foundation, blush and eyeliner.

**

I stepped out of my room and walked into the living room, Jace was sprawled out on Becca's lap whilst she was smiling widely at me, as she looked up and down at me.

"Is it too much?" I asked her cautiously. She carefully eased Jace off her, and came up to me. She gripped my shoulders firmly and locked her eyes with mine.

"You look beautiful, babe. Blake's parents will love you, if not you always have me, Drew, Jace and of course Blake," she said sincerely. I smiled at her and hugged her tight.

"Thanks Hun," I said as I squeezed her tight. I really did love my best friend so much. "I'm so glad I've got you," I sighed.

"Me too, me too Elle. Now go, or you'll be late!" she said, as she carefully pushed me away from her. I looked down at my feet and breathed heavily.

"What was it like when, you met Drew's parents?" I asked Becca, stalling slightly. I hoped she wouldn't realise because then she would give me a huge lecture, and I mean huge. That was just Becca, always over-reacting.

"Well, I was nervous at first. Carol asked me loads of questions; to be honest it got easier- hey! I know what you're doing; you're not getting out of this! Leave now, before I drag you outside myself Eleanor Marie Smith!" Becca threatened, her beautiful smile was replaced with a scowl, uh oh!