7. Launching Paper Balls

Chapter 7. Launching paper balls

"Can we pretend that school desks, in the classroom are like mattresses? I could really use a nap right now, nap right now, nap right now," I sang half-heartedly in a flat voice with my head against my desk.

What does a girl have to do to get a little sleep?!

It was now Monday and I was in my first lesson which was English. How fun. I had been up all night again with Jace. He was mad with me because I washed his Elmo doll and he kept complaining to me that he wasn't the same, which led to Jace not sleeping for the whole night and screaming his head off. I had lost my temper with him and yelled at him, which only made him cry harder and he even threw a soft toy at me. So I left him like that but I was heartbroken. Jace had never thrown anything at me; I had no idea where he picked it up. I was hoping not at nursery because the reviews on that place were immaculate. So I was really confuzzled.

"Can we pretend that school desks in the classroom are like mattresses?! I really need some sleep right now, sleep right now, sleep right now!" I carried on.

I sat up straight and started fiddling with my hair. I didn't have any time to straighten it, so it was in its natural state, which was annoying.

"You okay?" Drew asked me.

"Tired," I said, banging my head against the desk. Class hadn't started yet, but I wanted it to be over already.

"Hey stop it, you lunatic!" Drew yelled, pushing the table away from me. I sat up straight and looked at him and Becca, who were glaring at me with annoyance.

"I'm tired," I defended myself from their evil looks.

"Aren't we all? It's Monday!" Drew cried, raising both his hands up.

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one who had to deal with a temper tantrum and losing their job all in one weekend," I sighed.

"What?!" Drew yelled, nearly falling out of his chair.

"Yeah I lost my job, didn't Becca tell you?" I asked him, frowning.

"No, what happened?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Umm, well, I lost my job," I said.

"Elle!"

"Fine, mine and Blake's fault," I said, with a small chuckle.

"Blake? What the hell Eleanor?" Drew spat.

"I take it you don't like your best friend very much," I murmured.

"Ellie, he's my best friend, but he can be a jackass, don't take it to heart what he says. He's just arrogant," Drew sighed.

"Yeah I guess," I sighed.

"Speaking of the devil," Becca whispered. I gave her a 'what the hell' look and she gestured to the door with her head. I looked in that direction and saw Blake standing at the door. What the hell? He wasn't in this class.