butterflies

October 21

Felix's POV

When someone knocked on his door at around dinner time, Felix honestly had no idea who it was. A mail man? A kidnapper? Perhaps that insufferably good-looking and hilarious Hwang Hyunjin?  

Felix didn't really know why, but Hyunjin always made him feel things in his stomach. Butterflies are what people call them, right? He assumed that "having butterflies in your stomach" was just a idiom, and that people didn't actually eat butterflies for breakfast. Do butterflies even have meat in it? Do bugs in general have meat in them? Can you even cook them? 

Random thoughts, most of them concerning Hwang Hyunjin and bugs, raced through his mind. But then, they were abruptly cut off by the door knocking once again. Felix sighed, standing up and slightly opening the door. He peeped his head out, trying to see who it was.

Like he predicted, it was Hyunjin. At this point, Hyunjin visited his house and they played video games at least 3 times every week. For the past two months, Felix had grown quite used to his company. 

But this time, Hyunjin...looked different. He didn't just wear one of his simple gazillion dollar hoodies and jeans. Instead, he wore a gazillion dollar white button-up and expensive looking white pants. His  dark reddish black hair was neater than usual, with a few strands falling to his eyes. 

Felix smiled a blinding smile, wrinkling his nose slightly. He had no idea why his nose always did that while he smiled, and he didn't really like it. 

"Hey Felixx," Hyunjin said, waving. Felix couldn't help notice how red Huynjin's nose and cheeks seemed to be. "Hey Hyunjin! How are you? You seem a little red, are you okay? Are you cold?" Felix said, allowing Hyunjin to come in. 

"No, no. I-I'm fine." Hyunjin assured him, looking embarrased. Felix eyed him suspiciously, but shrugged it off. 

Felix began listing off things they can do. "Want to play Among Us? Or on the Nintendo Switch? It's charging but I'm sure-" 

"I actually had something planned for us to do. The park has this fair and it looks really nice at night, we can have fun over there." Hyunjin said with a smile, pulling out two tickets. Felix gaped at him.

"Oh, that's great! I've always wanted to go to the fair! I'll go change. Be back in a minute." Felix said, hugging Hyunjin and running to his bedroom. Hyunjin let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, before turning red as soon as he processed what just happened. 

Hyunjin's POV

Hyunjin didn't know why he was acting so dumb. He literally just stuttered, and he never stuttered! He waited patiently for Felix to finish changing, with a thousand thoughts and scenarios racing like a tsunami in his mind.

"Rule Number One" went Minho's voice from a few hours before, "Don't overthink it." 

Unfortunately, that's exactly what Hyunjin was doing. 

What if Felix says no? What if he screws up and like pukes on him after eating too much? What if-

"Hyunjin, are you okay?" Felix asked, walking out of his room, "You're turning red like a balloon. You sure you aren't sick?" 

"I'm okay! Just, um, allergies." Hyunjin said. Felix raised an eyebrow, looking like he wanted to interrogate him further, but decided not to. 

"Okay! Let me know if you're feeling sick later just in case." Felix said. "Um, I will. Thanks. Let's go to my car, we don't want to be late!" Hyunjin said, nudging Felix's shoulder with his own. Felix smiled and nodded with agreement, before following Hyunjin to his car.