the chapter where stuff happens

Longest chapter yet.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hopefully 2024 goes well. 

Anyways, let us begin. 

------------

Lee Know was having a fairly shitty day. 

Look, he loved his job, but sometimes customers made him want to punch a toaster. Some people were so AGGRAVATING. He wondered if he would get fired if he screamed, threw a muffin at someone, and ran out of the cafe. 

But since he really needed this job, he decided not to loose his temper. Though the muffin yeeting plan was a solid Plan B. 

Well, there was this one customer that really want him to go forward with the muffin plan. It was a middle aged business dude, decked down in a suit and tie. He had an unnatural looking scowl on his face. Lee Know was sincerely worried if the business dude scowled any harder he'd break his face. 

When it was the business dude's turn, Lee Know smiled politely to make a good impression. "Hello, how are you?" Lee Know asked. 

The dude barely spared him a glance. "I'll take box of those cupcakes. And a iced coffee. With extra caramel and sugar. And no whip. 2 pumps of vanilla syrup." he said, pulling out a bundle of cash. "That will be 12 dollars." Lee Know said, typing in the order. 

The dude paused, before glaring at Lee Know. "12 dollars? That's ridiculous." business dude snapped. Lee Know sighed, meeting his gaze evenly. "I apologize sir, but that will be the amount due. I am not in charge of pricing." Lee Know said. The man scoffed, before handing him the money and leaving to sit down. 

Lee Know sighed again, hoping the issue was solved and would not come up again. 

------------

It came up again. 

"Hey! This coffee is too sweet! Are you asking for me to get a heart attack?" the business man yelled, storming up to the counter. Lee Know turned, confusion on his face. "I apologize sir, but I am confused on what the problem is." Lee Know said as calmly as he could. 

"This coffee is too sweet!" the man yelled. "Sir, please calm down." Lee Know said, "You asked for extra caramel and sugar, but I apologize if it doesn't meet your needs. If you'd like, I can-" Lee Know didn't get to finish his sentence before the man took off the lid and threw the drink at him. 

Lee Know gasped, flinching when the coffee made contact with his skin. He was completely drenched, and the coffee stained his pink apron. Everyone gasped and turned to look at Lee Know, who was covered in coffee. Some people were recording. 

Lee Know tried his best not to lose his temper and kick the shit out of the man. "Sir, please exit the premises." Lee Know said firmly, though he was very angry. 

"Shitty cafe. Shitty workers. Shitty sweet coffee." the dude muttered, before leaving. Lee Know glared after him, not believing this was happening again. He wiped his hands on his apron, since it was completely stained anyway. 

He sighed for the millionth time that day. He was not paid enough for this. 

---------------

As soon as Lee Know arrived home, he splattered himself on his bed, groaning. He really was having a shitty day and it was almost dark out. 

Suddenly, he heard a notification come from his phone. He opened the notification, and saw it was a text from Jisung. A whole motherload of them in fact. He cracked a fond smile, before replying.