chapter twelve

Julianne ❣️

"You should leave."I say while getting out of the bed.

''can you let me sleep for a while?"George asks

'
''you have a house?don't you?"I ask while glaring at him.

''yes but I just want to sleep some more."

''no George!am not in the moods to play games with you."I say while giving him his clothes.

''but you did like them last night?"he says while putting on his clothes.

''we are not going to discuss that now."I say while trying to walk away but he stops me

''but I want us to talk about it."George adds

'
''i like this things that's is going on between us,let's not ruin it."I say while facing him

''you have to stop hiding from me?"he says and I wonder if there is more meaning to those words.

'
'am not hiding,we are only enjoying each other's company,I like the sex too but nothing more will come out of this.'

"Who are you trying to convince?"he asks you or me.

''i don't get why you are bring this up now and what do you think you'll achieve.

''you are afraid of falling in love?"

'am not and plus this isn't what any of us want.'

"I will let this go for now but sooner or later will talk." He says and walks away locking the door.

Once I am sure he has left ,I try to calm down my nerves.i don't know what he was trying to get out of me but him being around me all the time it's getting it's toil on me.i feel things I shouldn't be feeling for a man I haven't known for too long.everything is getting to complicated;I can't fall in love with him,this can't happen not now of all the time.

I have something else more important than my feelings.since my mom introduced me to that man ,I have a feeling there is more to him than he lets on.what purpose is he playing on my mothers plot ?or is he using my mom for his own gain?ever since I run away,I have become too suspicious on everything.and this Jonathan guy seems too suspicious.why would my mom think a man like him can keep me safe?I need to know everything about him and only derrick can help me with it.

I decide to call rebe and on the third ring she picks up.

📞Hey Jules

📞Can I ask for a favour

📞Yes

📞I need Derrick's help

📞Then you should call him....

📞Why are you being so mean to me?

📞Am getting tried of being ignored by him

📞This is really important,I wouldn't want your help  if it wasn't.

📞So what should I do?

📞Now this is the rebe am friends with

📞Hurry up before I change my mind.

📞I need him to investigate someone for me

📞I will try but am not promising anything

📞You have to work your charm,he won't refuse .

📞Okay,I'll get back to you when I have talked with  him.

📞Thank you In advance

📞Once I have done this,you owe me one

📞Then it's done.

I hung up and take out my clothes going to the bathroom to take a much needed shower.once am done I tie one towel on my body and the other one on my wet hair.i put on some shorts and a buggy t-shirt.once I have dried my hair ,I put it in a ponytail.

********
Rebe 🤍🤍
I knock on the door and I hear Derrick's voice telling me to get in.opening the door I walk into his office and take the empty sit .
He is too drown in whatever he is reading and after sometime  he acknowledges My presence.

"Becca what brings you to my office today?'he asks while facing me.

It must feel like an eternity because by the time I answer him he is back to reading.

''am sorry for my bad manners,can I have your ear for a moment.?" I ask waiting for his reply.

He must be debating in his head and after sometime he answer,"sure Becca continue."

I don't know why he calls me Becca,I like hearing my name on his lips but now it's not the time to think about that.

"I have a request to make?"

''you'll tell me and I will see what I can do."

''there is a some information I want about someone and with your resources it won't be hard to find."

'
''becca,you  know I am a busy man with a lot of responsibility."

'please derrick just help me this once and I will forever be in debt with you.'

"This information must be important for you to owe me a debt."
'
'yes,it's and I will make it up to you.'

"Then it's done."

'okay,I will give you the name tomorrow.'

"I'll be waiting and becca.....I will think of how you'll repay me."

Once am outside his office,I run to the washroom trying to calm down my beating heart.
For the first time in a longtime Derrick has really looked at me as a woman.i can still feel his eyes watching me.there is nothing as hard as being near a man you dream about every night,a man you want but can't have.i wonder if this is how Adam and eve felt everytime they saw that forbidden fruit,it must have driven them crazy to a point where by eve was decieved and ate it.it must have tasted good to convince Adam to eat it too.maybe if I were them I would have eaten it too; forbidden things makes your blood boil and unless you have that thing you want in your hand.and maybe derrick is my forbidden fruit and he has already set my heart on fire.

~~~~~~~~~~
"Did you talk to him?"Julianne asks for the forth time tonight
'
'yes,I did.'

'what happened,you have been distracted since we opened .'

"It's nothing,I just have alot on my mind."

''are you sure."

'yes Julie,he agreed to help.'

"How much is he asking?"

''don't worry about that."

'when you say things like that am meant to worry.'

"I know what am doing,just give me his name."

'jonathan.'

"We need a second name."

''ohh no! I have no idea what his second name is."

''then you must give me his picture so I can give derrick,it will be of some help to identify him."

''sure, I'll send it to you."

'i have gotten it.'

"I don't know what I would do if I didn't have such a good friend like you."

'you would be boring and die alone as a old woman.'

"You wish."

'am just kidding,I hope we die old together and have a lot of grandchildren.'