chapter twenty three

George ❤️

"I want to propose to her tonight and you are going to help me, especially you Sophia." I say taking the last sip of my whiskey

'
''it doesn't matter anyway because I was going get involved by making everything go as smoothly as possible." Sophia says.

'am  with my wife on this and if you ever break my sister's heart again,you better fake your own death and flee the country because am gonna find you even if it's the last thing I have to do.'

"Don't worry I won't create anymore problems with julie.i do love her and I want a future with her."

'
''i hope for your sake you mean that, because I won't help you next time if you do anything to hurt my sister in law."

'
''i do mean it.i'll take care of your sister in law and rest assured she is in good hands.

***
Julianne ❤️

"Hey rebes." I great her on the other side of the phone

'hey Jules.....I didn't expect to see your ugly face this soon.'

"I should probably hate you for calling me ugly but am used to your bad sense of humor."

'
"So how are things with that Miguel guy?did you meet your mom?what about your sister?"

''i know there is some much you want to know but just ask one question at a time.i'll answers as honest as I can be."

'you are scaring me.....are they going to murder you?'

"No rebes,if they wanted me dead ,I would already be six feet under."

'
"Then explain to me how the hell you are alive?I thought I'll never see my friend again."

''we found out that Miguel is my step brother.my mom had a secret relationship with Miguel's father  back when he was married."

''so this means your mom had a relationship with your father while he was married to another woman?"

'yes but just because Jonathan is my biological father that doesn't mean I acknowledge him as one.....he was a stranger to me and he will always be that to me.i only had one father and it's James throne.'

"Am sorry I didn't mean to upset you but can I ask you ?"

'sure.....I mean ask.'

"Why did you addresse him as past tense?"

'he was killed when they tried to kill Sophia and her unborn child.'

"They?you mean your mom too?"

'yes,my mom did so many bad things while she was alive.she was very willing to reap out Sophia child out of her womb without any second thoughts.sometimes I feel I never really knew her.'

"I Know you are trying to be strong behind that phone but you must still feel a lot of pain not having any closure with you mom.you must be hurting knowing her mistakes caused her to loose her life.it's okay not to be okay.....you should be grieving and if you ever want a shoulder to cry on let me know and I will drop everything for you."

'"thanks but am okay."

'are you really?how did Miguel take the news?'

"He took sometime to digest everything and we talked and decided to give each other a chance.it may take a little while longer for us to trust each other but we will surely get there.am happy that I gained a brother but also sad I lost my sister."