chapter twenty

Sophia
"Hey! Julianne is with mia." I tell Miguel while sitting on his lap

'are you trying to asure me that it is okay to trust her with mia?'

"Yes because she is still my blood and anyone deserves a second chance."

'i don't know if I'll be able to forgive her that easily but there is something else you should know.'

"What is it?I hope it's no more bad news."

'i have a step sister........ Julianne and I are siblings.'

"How?when?I don't understand how this could be possible?"

'it's Jonathan and Antonia were lovers even before my mom died.jonathan planned everything so that they could make their relationship public at the same time get my mom's wealth but Antonia left him to Mary James your father.'

"She lied to us all our life and does Julianne know?"

'no, George didn't tell her anything.antonia kept this secret very well and took advantage by setting Julianne in my path so she could steal for me.'

"Antonia was a very selfish human being and she ruined her daughters life due to her greed.i hope she rots in hell."

'i have no idea on how to handle this matter.'

"You will definitely figure out a way.how do you feel knowing Julianne is your sister?"

'I have mixed feelings about everything.at one point I feel relieved that things never went further in your fake relationship at the same time I feel hatred for my father to get involved with a woman and on the extend get her pregnant despite having a family of his own.'

"It's okay to feel this way.am also sad for loosing a sister and at the other hand gaining a sister in law something I thought it was impossible."

'yeah,it has become a possibility.'

"This is a second chance for both you two to set aside your differences .you are both lucky to be of the same blood while I have no one."

'hey!I don't ever want to hear you say that.you have me and Mia also,you aren't alone anymore.'

"Yes,and am Great ful for the day you choose to marry me."

'you made me see the world in a different angle and I changed because of your kindness sofi.'

"When are you planning on telling her the news."

'i just need sometime and there is something more.' He says while opening the drawer picking up an envelope addressed to Julianne

"Where did you get this from?" I ask taking it from him

'i found it on Antonia's belongings and i believe she is the only one with the right to have it.'

"I know she hurt you so much but despite everything you never opened this for your own selfish gain.i love you so much."

'i love you too,you should give it to her and wait for me on the bed.'

"Okay,see you then." I say while locking his office door going to the guest room to find the door slightly opened.i walk inside to find Julianne is already asleep.i decide against walking her up and put the letter on top of the drawer.i turn off the lights and lock the door.

*****
      Julianne
I wake up feeling more relaxed than ever.i get out of bed and go to the bathroom to do my morning routine.once am done with bathing and brushing my teeth I pick up some ripped jeans and my black hood putting them on.

I decide to take my phone which I had left it on the top of the drawer and find an envelope addressed to me kept under my phone.

I pick up the envelope and open it to find it's from my mother.

I sit down on the bed and starts to read trying to hold the tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

Dear daughter

If you are reading this it means something must have happened to me.i know I haven't been the best mom to you but everything I did in this life where for your own good.
A mother always knows what  is the best for her child.you are the only good thing that came out of me and that's why I loved you so much.
I never wanted to become like me and you deserved to live a good life just like Miguel.

I know you have lots of questions but I can only give you a simple answers.miguel and you are siblings.
I had a secret relationship with Miguel's father for too long and you came to be.i was tried of being a second choice to Jonathan and that's how I met James throne.it wasn't hard to convince him as our father but he never loved you like sophia.so I figured away for you to get money from Miguel but I couldn't allow you to get married knowing you are of the same blood.

I know you will hate me for making you steal from your brother but you deserve that money as much as he does.i hope you can be able to forgive your mother because no excuse can bring back the lost time.
Sometimes I wish you are beside me and maybe if I hadn't done things like I did we would probably be together.

Despite everything I don't regret anything I have done to Sophia or miguel.all your life you have been their shadow and it's time you shine.

There is a safe account with your name on it.the password is our secret word and this money belongs to you.Don't feel bad if you want to use it.

I will always love you my little sunshine and always you that I'll be with you wherever I am ❤️

Yours mom.

By the time am done reading I feel pain and grief.for loosing a mother and a father I never knew.even in the last minute my mom didn't feel sorry for every pain she caused.she thought I had a right to money which never belong to Jonathan in the first place.
I feel used by her for making me do this to my brother.
This greed of my mother's made me loose Sophia and everyone else I loved.
I do believe my mom falling in love with Jonathan was the down fall for her.
How will I accepted Jonathan he is my father when he killed his wife and daughter for wealth.
Maybe am a monster too because they are both my parents and they say an apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Does Miguel know we are step siblings?is that the reason why he hasn't done anything to me?

I don't know how to feel about everything,I don't know how to feel Gaining a brother and the same time loosing a sister.will Miguel treat me differently because am his sister?

I have to stop feeling this way and facing Miguel is the only was to get rid of this guilt.
Have never been a good sister to him but I will be  starting from today.he has already lost so much and I have to make things right with him.