Reo's Route 3: French Toast

His eyes fluttered open as he woke up from his nap. Reo's wounds had started to get better with your help. However, he could sense something off about you these past few days. She seemed... lonelier.

What kind of a god am I? He wasn't particularly bothered by that question as he didn't really care nor thought much about it. You were you; that's the only thing that mattered to him, though he'd rather be stabbed than admit it.

A certain sweet scent tickled his nostrils. The fragrance he was always so drawn to despite its similarity to the other gods.

Reo got up and slid the door to his terrace. You were there once again, trying to keep yourself warm with just your jacket as you sleep. He heaved out a sigh as he watched you closely. "If you'd be here so often, then I ought to leave the terrace unlocked."

You squirmed from the sound of him talking, but still remained asleep. He could tell from your puffy eyes that you were crying. Were you still blaming yourself after what happened to him? Or was there another reason?

"Hah. What a troublesome god." Reo stared at you for a moment before deciding to carry you inside and onto his bed, careful not to wake you up.

He was only returning a favor, at least that was what he told himself. After all, you did console him when he was feeling down (Reo's route 2) and took care of his injuries. But all of it was because I chose to be involved with them.

-----

You woke up, feeling the soft mattress underneath your body. You remember falling asleep outside Reo's bedroom this early morning. The sun hadn't risen yet and somehow your own feet brought you to his house.

With Yato's disappearance and Reo being harmed again due to your connection with him, you weren't exactly feeling your best. You couldn't help but blame yourself for everything that went wrong so far. If only I was stronger.

You decided to head downstairs and look for Reo. His injuries must have healed by now. He did manage to carry you to his bed after all. The scent of butter and hot cocoa lingered in the air, coming from the kitchen. You saw Reo pouring the hot beverage into the two mugs. Somehow the sight of him preparing breakfast reminded you of a cliché scene from romance novels the morning after the main couple woke up from their evening bedroom adventures. You hit your head to the wall as an attempt to wash your foolish thoughts away.

"The hell are you doing?" Reo stared at you with his usual frown, probably wondering why you were banging your head on the wall.

"Huh? Oh... uh... Morning!" You greeted, casually walking towards the dining table. "I didn't know you can cook."

"How do you think do I eat everyday?"

You shrugged. "Convenience store food?"

"That isn't healthy, though I suppose that doesn't really matter to you." Gods don't really have to worry about the nutritional value of the food they intake unlike the living.

"Awww, don't treat me so differently. I do like some homemade food from time to time." You took a bite of the French toast on your plate, not expecting how good it was. "What-What black magic! To think someone who has an awful personality as Reo can produce such godly dish!"

"Oi!" He reacted to your backhanded compliment. "And what do you mean godly dish? Just how bad have you been eating?"

"What? Does that mean you can cook more than this?"