Chapter 10: Missing Regalia

You rubbed the back of your head while fiddling with your phone for almost an hour. You haven't heard from your shinki since last night. He haven't called or texted you. His phone's GPS is also off which made you more worried. "Ughhh. What's taking him so long?!"

"Maybe he already ditched you." Yato commented as he layed comfortably beside you while eating the potato chips you bought earlier from a nearby convenience store.

"Shut up! He won't do something like that!" You snatched it and aggressively grabbed tons of it, shoving it on your mouth. "Thish ish unushual foh Riku chu not reshpond chu mah callsh and texshes. I wonder where he ish."

"Either you eat or talk! Pick one!" Yato said as he grabbed it back. "And at least leave some for me!"

You swallowed the chips before you talked back to him. "Huh?! I bought that!"

"You'll look for Riku, aren't you? He's a good shinki knowing that he's also just a newbie like Yukine. Take good care of him." Yato reminded you. "As payment for your help, you can always come to us if you need it." He pointed at his self and winked. "We'll gladly come to your aid~!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." You shove your hands on your pocket after tossing the bag of chips to Yato. "I'll start looking for him."

"Hmmm? That's fast." He accurately catched it and ate what's left of it. "Be careful~"

Several hours passed...

You searched everywhere till the sun sets but you still couldn't find Riku. You can't help yourself but think of various situations he could be in. "He couldn't really have abandoned me, didn't he?"

The only place you haven't searched yet is Iki Hiyori's school. Since you don't have anything else to do, you decided to visit it in case that Riku must have been gone there.

"Ah. (y/n)-san, what are you doing here?" Hiyori asked you as she got out of the school entrance with her friends.

"I didn't know you're acquainted with someone this beautiful, Hiyori." One of her friends asked as she checked you out.

"You sure know a lot of people, Hiyori." The other one added.

You ignored the other two and spoke to her. "I was looking for Riku since morning. He hasn't come back yet since last night. Have you seen him here?"

She shook her head. "He's the guy you're always with, right? Sorry but I haven't seen him anywhere. If you don't mind, let's exchange emails and I'll send you a message when I ran into him."

"Yeah, that would help." You sent her your email and then smiled at her. "Thanks, Hiyori-chan."

You turned back to the streets and wondered where Riku must have gone to. You didn't noticed the person in front of you and bumped on his back when he stopped walking.

The black haired man with black frame eyeglasses turned and glared at you. "Watch where you're- Hmmm? You're that woman from before..."

You gasped and pointed at him, remembering the guy you slapped the other day. "You're that rude four eyes!"

"Don't call me that. I have a name and it's Reo. Yanagi Reo." He fixed his glasses and dragged you to an alley. "Let's talk here. I'll look stupid there since they can't saw you and it'll look like I'm muttering to myself."