Reo's Route 1: Alone

You went to the library today to borrow some books (obviously) for helping Yukine to study. You searched through the Science and Math sections without getting noticed by anyone. You checked the books you got and was about to go to the librarian when you heard a familiar voice.

"Huh? Do your homework? Why should I?" A voice of a male spoke behind the bookshelf beside you in a sterny tone.

You peeked between the small opening of the bookshelf and saw a certain jet black haired young man talking with other students. 'Reo?! And who are those shady-looking guys?'

"Huh?! You don't want to?" The other male student with short brown arrogantly said as he smirked at him and touched his shoulder. "I thought you're the smartest student in school. Even though we're a grade higher than you, you should still know about these stuff, right?"

Reo shove the guy's hand off his shoulder, wiping it with a handkerchief. "Why don't you answer it yourself? Don't you have any shame for asking an underclassman to do your homework, senpai~?"

'Ughh. That jerk. Doesn't he know the situation he's in?' You thought to yourself while watching them. 'And it seems like that other guy belongs to a sports club. I don't think he'd stand a chance.'

"What did you say you-" Before the guy could land a punch on Reo's face, he was hushed by the librarian. "Tch. Once you get out of here, you're dead."

Reo smirked as the guy lets go of his collar. "If you say so, senpai~" He continued on mocking the older man whom gritted his teeth in irritation.

You went out of your hiding place and showed yourself to Reo after the other students left. You lightly hit his head with the book you got, getting his attention. "That was brave of you to talk back to your underclassmen. Aren't you worried about what may happen after?"

"Tch. You were watching." He clicked his tongue in annoyance and picked up his bag which is lying on the floor. "It happens all the time. Not that I care what happens to me."

"Heh~ You're such a gloomy person after all, Reo~" You tried to tease him but all you got is a glare.

"Shut up. I just don't want to deal with idiots." He went towards the exit while you turned to the librarian's desk.

You sighed as you wait for the woman who's packing the books you borrowed. 'What's his problem anyways?' You also went towards the exit with the paper bag on your arms and searched for Reo.

"You dare talk back to me, you arrogant bastard?!" The same voice earlier shouted followed by a sound of a person getting hit. "Just do as what I told you!"

"Hah! I told you he's all bark and no bite. What a pathetic being." Another one added.

Reo leaned on the wall of an alleyway they were in as a he bleed from a cut that was created on his temple. He silently let the two beat him without complaining and endured all the pain.

"Hey, why don't we try to cut him up a little more?" The guy pulled out a cutter from his pocket and pointed it at Reo. "Oi, oi, Yanagi~ Why don't you scream for us?"

Reo remained silent and just watched them with the same bored expression he's wearing. His gaze shifted on the small purple ayakashi floating behind his bullies and clicked his tongue. 'Those things again...'

A shadow appeared beside them as the figure walked towards them. Glowing (e/c) eyes stared at the two bullies intimidatingly and gave them a sinister smile. "Mind if I join in?"

"M-monster!" The two students shivered and dropped the cutter, running to the opposite direction where they saw the shadow.

You giggled and picked up the cutter, spinning it with your free hand. "Cowards. Thinking that they're strong after ganging up on the weak." You friendly smiled at Reo. "Need a hand?"