Chapter 17: Abandoned

What are they planning? Are they going to try to pin Suzuha's death to Yukine? Or are they going to make Bishamon attack Yato? That would be killing two birds with one stone.

"Shut up already! I can't study because of you!" Yukine scolds Yato as he whines about his back pain.

"I'm just watching over you! As the master I'm supposed to watch over you guys, right?!?!" Yato retorted in a much louder voice.

Riku sighed at the corner as he sits while playing on his phone. "So noisy."

"Oi! (y/n)! Can you drag that guy outside?!" Yukine turned to you.

What are they trying to make Bishamon do anyway? Kill her? But with Kazuma around she'll just be the same god when she reincarnates, though she would be weaker. Then maybe they are trying to get rid of Kazuma?! But how? Ughhhh damn it! This is why I don't like thinking too much!

"(y/n)?" Yukine stared at you, wondering why you're spacing out. "(y/n)!"

You were startled after hearing your name and turned to him. "W-What is it, Yukine-kun?"

"Are you alright, (y/n)-san?" Hiyori asked you. "You're spacing out."

You forced a smile on your face to keep them from worrying. "Yeah. I'm fine. I was just thinking what I'm going to do later."

Yato glanced at you and sighed. He moved behind you and whispered in your ear. "Don't worry about it too much. We'll be more wary from now on and Bishamon is not our business. Stop thinking about it."

"I told you before, haven't I?" You stood up and turned to him with a serious expression on your face. "I'm not on anyone's side. I might be staying with you, Yato, but that doesn't mean I'm only protecting you. Just like you, Bishamon is my friend too. No matter how much she hates me now." You walked towards the door, meeting Daikoku on the way.

"What happened to her?" The tall middle-aged man asked while pointing at you.

Yato frowned and shrugged. "Dunno what's her deal. She's being stubborn for no apparent reason."

Daikoku glared at Yato the moment he heard his voice. "And what the hell are you doing here in my house, Yato?!"

Riku stared at them while thinking about you. 'Is something bothering her? She should have at least told me. I'm her only shinki, right?'

"Riku~ Was it a lovers quarrel~?" Kofuku appeared in front of him and asked in her usual sweet tone.

Riku's face flashed bright red. "I-It's not like that!" He looked away from her and turned to his cellphone. "She just won't tell me anything."

Yato sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "She probably doesn't want you to worry or be involved in this."

"Ne, Yato. Can I visit Suzuha again today? We got nothing else to do." Yukine asked for his master's permission after Kofuku and Daikoku returned downstairs.

"No." He answered and then turned his back towards the boy.

"Why not?! You were just fine with it the other day!" Yukine asked while frowning which made your shinki watch them in curiosity.

"Forget about seeing Suzuha anymore." Yato muttered.

'Isn't he just fine with Yukine having a friend a few days ago? Why the sudden change of mind? Is this what (y/n) meant by keeping Yukine busy?' Riku thought to his self. 'She's barely at home these days too.'

"Yukine. Stay away from that sakura tree." Yato told him. "It's dangerous there."

'That tree!' Riku's eyes widened in realization and walked towards the door. "Yato-san, I'm just going to walk outside."