Yukine's Route 3: Not A Child

You sat beside Yukine as he studied Hiyori's old textbooks. He scribbled his notes on his notebook, totally focused. You bet he was only keeping his self busy until Yato came back. But you know, that there was no certainty when will he return. 'Poor, Yukine-kun.'

His eyes glanced sideways. A hint of pink flushed on his cheeks. "(Y/n), stop staring. I can't focus."

You giggled at his reaction and messed his hair. "Can't take it when an oneesan is looking at you~? That's very cute, Yukine-kyun~"

"Kyun?" He asked awkwardly. "Anyway, help me in Math. I can't get this problem."

"Which one?" You peeked at his book closely.

He pointed it and you thought him the formula used to solve it. Yukine had always been a fast-learner. He could have been a smart student when he was still alive. Yato never told you about the boy's past and you don't plan to name him just to know it. You're not that desperate to the point you'd make him a Nora.

He closed the book as he finished and layed his back on the wooden floor. "Yato... Where do you think he went to, (y/n)? It's been days since he was gone."

"Don't worry. He's probably sorting some matters on his own." You smiled reassuringly at him.

"He could have at least told me before leaving." He pouted which you thought was cute. The boy looked like he was waiting for his father. "He's not with Nora, is he?"

You resisted the urge to bite your lip. "Of course not. Not when he got himself a hafuri now." You suddenly felt hating Yato a little now. Why would he leave his shinki now of all times? You know Yato's problems better than anyone, but you can't help pitying Yukine. "You know, we feel very special if a shinki became a hafuri just for us. Yato sure is lucky."

"Riku-san, will turn into one soon. Have some faith on him. He's always training hard with Kazuma-san."

You puffed your cheeks. "He's harsh sometimes. He's too strict. I hope Yato would just give me Yukine-kun already."

His face reddened at what you said. "If Riku-san heard that, he'll get hurt."

"I didn't said I'll throw him away though. He's too valuable." You grinned.

He pouted again and rolled to the side. "Hmph."

"Eh~? What is it?" You blinked, crawling to him. "Did I said something wrong?"

"No. It's nothing." His cheeks looked soft and squishy.

You laughed at his cuteness and pinched his cheek. "Yukine-kun can be so spoiled at times. So cute."

He shoved your hand away and shouted, "Stop treating me like a child! Jeez!"

"But you are a child." You stuck your tongue out, teasing him.

He suddenly got up and pushed you down. As you opened your eyes, you saw him on top of you. A determined look displayed on his face. His eyes had the beautiful shade of yellow and orange. It reminded you of sunset. Warm and calming. "I am a boy too, (y/n)."

You stared at him longer. He didn't look cute at all. Not like a child. He is a teenage boy. A laugh escaped your mouth. "A serious Yukine-kun isn't bad too."

You saw his face contorted with annoyance. "You never took me seriously, (y/n)."

"Then, it's probably best to treat me the same, don't you think?" You gazed right at his eyes, showing no emotion. Your heart hammered on your chest and you can't help thinking if he can hear it. You haven't expected Yukine to make such a bold move.

"Now you're just being insensitive. That part of you is very frustrating, (y/n." He moved away from you.

You can't control the thumping on your chest and instantly regretted it when you reached to pull Yukine's sleeve. You mentally apologized to Yato, knowing that the boy was probably stinging him a lot right now.

"What?", he asked. His hair was a mess and his cheeks were as red as tomatoes.

"Don't think I'm not paying attention to you." You covered your eyes with your arm, unable to contain the heat rushing through your face.

Yukine studied you. He did not expect you to be flustered in any way. He saw you as a calm and collected person who likes to tease everyone from time to time. His heart was beating fast. He felt the urge to kiss you, but he does not know whether you'll like it. He leaned forward.

You felt something soft and wet against your cheek. You lifted your arm and saw Yukine smiling at you. "What did you just do?"

"Payback for that other time. Now, we're even." He grinned widely. (see Yukine's route 1)

You stared at him completely speechless and watched him make his way to the door. As he closed it, you touched your cheek where he had kissed you. Your chest was still hammering, more loudly this time. You were relieved that he already left.

This is bad. Really bad. You sighed and rolled to the floor. You were frantic. Yukine is Yato's shinki. Will he approve of it if the two of you had that kind of relation?

"What kind of relationship are you thinking, you dumb idiot?" You hit yourself. "Of course. That's not allowed." You hugged your knees and rested your head. "I'm not even feeling that way towards him."

"If I knew you were a shotacon, I wouldn't have served you." Your shinki suddenly spoke behind you.

"R-Riku!" You jumped in surprise. "Since when were you here?!"

"Since the time you started rolling on the floor." He disgustingly looked at you. "Didn't know you had a thing for kids."

"Shut up! I do not!"

"Shotacon."

"NOOOOO!!" You blushed madly as you threw things at Riku.

Little do you know, a feeling you had long forgotten sprouted again inside of you. And day by day, you started getting conscious of the blonde haired boy.